Part 3

They were looking around. Looking for me. Mum held onto my arm, almost as if she was afraid that I'd try to bolt again. 

She waved them over, and I wanted to punch her. However, the man that walked over wasn't either of the band members, who I'd just spotted walking in the opposite direction. 

"Hi, I'm Mark Eshleman, the bands Creative Director. We had to get them out of here and onto the tour bus just in case there were any fans lurking. You must be Elizabeth?" 

He looked at me, and my mum cleared her throat, prompting me to speak. 

I shyly looked up. "That's me. It's nice to meet you. This is my mother, Jennifer."

"You look after my daughter, okay?" Mum lectured as she shook Marks hand. 

"Of course, Ms Grooms. She'll be fine with us, the boys are really excited to meet the new member. She'll be treated like family."

He grabbed one of my suitcases which had been by my feet. 

"We should really get going, so I'll give you a minute and then we'll head off, okay?" 

Mark shuffled away slightly, so that I could say goodbye to mum. 

She embraced me, my head resting under her chin and she tried not to cry.

"You go live your dream, chick. I love you so much. Call me all the time, okay?"

I nodded and sniffled, telling her that I loved her before she let me go and I followed Mark out of the airport. 

...

Mark chatted to me on the way to the bus, obviously noticing my nerves. 

"You're going to be fine, I promise you. We're all really friendly and easy-going, and if it all gets too much you can talk to any of us about anything. Josh and Ty are super lovely, just, don't... scream. They're just regular guys."

I nodded, slowing slightly as we neared the bus. 

This was it. 

Mark opened the door, motioning that I should walk inside. I took the steps one at a time, hearing muffled male voices coming from within the bus. 

The door opened into what looked like a living area, with seats and a TV hooked up to various gaming systems. There was a small kitchen area, which consisted of cupboards and a few small appliances, thankfully including a kettle. As a true English person, I couldn't live without a proper cup of tea. 

To the right of the door was the drivers cabin, closed off by a small curtain. To the left, behind a door, were the bunks, and further back, the bathroom and toilet.

Mark shut the door behind me, and the male voices stopped. Mark called out. 

"Josh! Ty! Elizabeth is here!"

The door to the bunk room opened, and suddenly I felt all the air leave my body. Joshua Dun and Tyler Joseph were there, right in front of me. 

Adamant that I wasn't going to embarrass myself, I managed to lift my hand in a small wave. I squeaked out a small 'hi' as they came closer. 

"Hi there!" They chorused, as they both shook my hand.

Josh tilted his head at me. "I love your hair! That's such a sick colour!" 

My hair was a bright red, inspired by Hayley Williams. Although my mum had hated it at first, she'd grown to like it, saying that it complimented my blue eyes. 

"Thank you! I love your hair colour too, I was wondering what colour it was going to be this week!" I teased, giggling slightly. 

Tyler pouted. "What about mine?" 

I giggled again, and then heard a small laugh as none other than Jenna Joseph came from the bunk room. 

"You look beautiful, Ty." She kissed him on the cheek and then turned to me. 

"It's so nice to meet you, I'm  so glad I finally have another girl on tour. I love these guys and all, but to be honest..." She leant towards me and cupped her hand around her mouth as she spoke in a stage whisper. "... they kinda smell."

"Hey!" Both band members whipped their heads round at the remark, pouting sulkily as we girls just laughed. Tyler tackled Jenna onto a nearby couch and started to tickle her, their laughing reverberating around the bus. 

I found myself scolding myself for being worried about the tour. I was going to love it.