Part 22

I woke up the next morning, and took a moment to work out where I was. The events of last night crossed my mind, and I couldn't help but smile. Although we hadn't put a label on anything, I knew Josh was too kind hearted to string me along for fun.

I felt Josh start to stir behind me as he yawned and stretched. He rolled over, and laid diagonally on top of me, his f in the crook of my neck.

I laughed. "Josh, you're crushing me!"

He just groaned, obviously still tired. His arms tightened around me as he pecked my shoulder through his t-shirt.

He mumbled something into my skin, but I couldn't understand what he said.

"What did you say?" I asked as I ran my fingers through his hair.

Josh lifted his head slightly. "I don't want to go back yet."

I sighed. "Me neither. Do the others know where we are?"

Josh nodded. "I texted Tyler last night and told him we weren't coming back to the bus."

I covered my face with my hands. "They're never going to let it go."

Josh pulled my hands away, and kissed my cheek before rolling onto his back.

"We'll be fine. Now come here, I want to cuddle."

I rolled over into his arms and tangled our legs together, much as I had the night before. My hand was resting on Josh's chest, and he had a hand on my thigh, absentmindedly running his fingers up and down my leg. It tickled slightly, so I decided to get my own back. I trailed my fingertips down Josh's chest, towards his abs. I scratched lightly, the muscles in his stomach tensing at my touch.

Josh growled under his breath, squeezing my thigh. My fingernails trailed lower, reaching the V that dipped below his boxer shorts. Josh grabbed my wrist, halting my movements, and pulled me so I was straddling his thighs.

He rested one hand on my bare thigh, where his t-shirt had ridden up my legs. His other hand snaked to the back of my neck so he could pull my face to his. Our lips met passionately, and Josh raised his hands to my waist, the material of his t-shirt bunching on his wrists.

I leant down into the kiss, our chests touching.

Suddenly, a phone started ringing.

I rolled off of Josh, my chest heaving as I tried to catch my breath.

"Hello? Yeah, we're awake. Okay. We'll be there soon. Bye."

Josh hung up the phone. "We need to go back, they want to get an early start driving to the next venue."

I nodded and watched as Josh raced to the bathroom to shower first. I laughed at his childishness and jumped back into the bed, snuggling under the duvet.

I heard water start running in the bathroom, so I grabbed my phone. I turned on the screen, noticing that I had a couple of texts from Jenna. 

Jenna: How's the concert?

Jenna: Has he kissed you yet?

Jenna: Did he tell you he loved you?

I decided to call her. She picked up on the second ring.

"Liz! You need to tell me everything!"

I paused, debating whether or not to tease her a bit first. 

"Jenna, I don't know what you're talking about. He didn't kiss me or tell me he loved me. What's going on?"

There was silence on the end of the phone. 

"Liz, I'm so sorry."

I suddenly cracked up laughing. 

"Oh. My. God. I can't believe you fell for that!"

"Liz, as soon as you get back to this bus I am going to kill you. So does that mean that he did tell you?"

I nodded, even though she couldn't see me. 

"Yepp. He slow danced with me during The Only Exception, and then at the end of the song, he kissed me. He told me he was in love with me when we got back to the hotel."

"And then what happened?" Jenna asked suggestively. 

"Jenna, no! Nothing happened after!"

I heard the water shut off in the bathroom. 

"Josh is coming back. I'll see you later."

Josh came out of the bathroom just as I hung up the phone. He looked at me quizzically. 

"It was Jenna, she was just checking that we were okay."

He nodded, and then I looked at him properly. He had put his jeans back on but was shirtless. He was also still wet from the shower, his hair and body glistening under the hotel room lights. 

"So the whole 'you don't dry off when you come out of the shower' thing is true?" I raised an eyebrow. 

He laughed. "I guess so."

I saw him start to sneak towards me, his arms outstretched as if he was going to give me a hug. 

"Josh. No. You're all wet."

He went to jump for me, but I leapt up and ran into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. 

I showered and changed back into the dress I'd worn last night, slipping my converse on to my feet and placing Tyler's red shades on top of my braided hair. 

I walked back out, handing Josh his t-shirt, which he slipped over his head. 

We held hands and walked out of the hotel room, ready to head back to the bus.