Part 25 - Josh's POV

I was just about to start playing the drums on the crowd, when I heard some pained screams. Tyler had stopped playing, and the background music had been cut off. 

I was pulled from the crowd by Michael, who held onto my shoulders and just said, "it's Liz."

I whipped around to see her being surrounded by medics. I pushed past them all to get closer to her. 

She was unconscious, a huge gash on her forehead, pouring with blood. It dribbled all over her face, matting her hair and pooling behind her head. 

I was pulled away so that the paramedics could lift her onto a stretcher and take her away. I could vaguely hear Tyler saying something to the crowd, but I couldn't hear anything but the buzzing in my ears. 

I wanted to know what happened, so I turned to the people at the barrier.

"Did you see what happened?" I yelled above the screaming of the crowd. 

A few girls nodded. 

"She was grabbed back and then shoved into the amp. It wasn't an accident," one of the girls told me.

"I need you all to tell the police what happened, okay?" As soon as I finished speaking, I ran after the stretcher. I wasn't leaving Lizzie's side.

Michael jogged at my side, to ward off the girls all throwing themselves at me. I didn't have the time or patience for this. 

I climbed into the ambulance behind the paramedics who were still swarming Lizzie's frozen body. 

I put my hands on my face, noticing my cheeks were wet. I hadn't even noticed I was crying, but now in the semi-privacy of the ambulance, I started sobbing.

I had just snatched up the girl of my dreams.

And now I was possibly going to lose her.