part five - a secret admirer

hoseok then thanked you and had left the store happily walking outside smiling. you watched as the tall man child's long legs had directed him out of the store.

you leaned your elbow onto the counter infront of you, you heaved a sigh as your bangs blew out of your face. you couldn't help but smile though, although, you wondered who this mystery girl was.

what if it's me? you asked yourself. then you shook your head as you thought to yourself that you sounded conceited.

"hey."

you looked behind you as hongbin was holding a bouquet of pink peonies along with white gardenias. you were surprised at the fact that hongbin looked like a legitimate flower boy. he just looked so good with them.

"did the customer already leave?"

"yep, just left." you said simply.

"aw..." you smirked and went up to him, "are those flowers for me?"

hongbin shook his head smiling, "you wish. plus i'm like way older than you, you high schooler."

hongbin was right though, he was already in college. well, he was in his second year of college. which you thought was funny since hongbin didn't really look like he as halfway through college.

"a girl can dream." you sighed.

"one day, (your name)." hongbin smiled, trying to ease the conversation. "someday someone's going to get you flowers."

"i doubt it." you looked down and smiled bitterly.

"and why is that?" hongbin made his way around the front, where you followed him as you two were still having a conversation.

hongbin then handed you a box filled with flowers that were well rooted into their tiny plastic containers, you were surprisingly strong so you were able to carry them.

"well..." you looked up at the boy as he was looking at you back and forth from getting the hose to water the plants. "i'm guess i'm not really...liked at school."

"what? how can anyone not like you?"

"i know, i know, shocker." you laughed. "i totally understand though. i guess pulling an entire stunt wasn't such a great idea."

"you pulled a stunt?" hongbin looked at your directly this time.

"well, not technically."

"then what?"

your eyes immediately went down for a couple of seconds, thinking of ways to word the situation without making it sound awkward and horrible.

"you don't have to tell me if its that bad."

"thank god." you sighed and walked inside placing the flower box down.

hongbin laughed at your reaction and watched as you went to the back and helped him arrange the flowers so that next time they can be grabbed and were handed easily to the customer.

"you know, (your name)," your eyes met with hongbin's as he was helping you out, "if nobody hates you, it means you're doing something wrong."

"what?" your brows furrowed in confusion.

he shook his head once again, "just a quote i learned today. thought it might help."

after hongbin's somewhat ridiculous quote, you went back to work.

--