part twenty four - a true friend's heartache

you sighed in defeat as you stared down at your phone, noticing the fact that your best friend wasn't responding to your texts or calls. it was worrying having taehyung not respond to you, especially since he's been your best friend since all of these years.

it just didn't make sense of taehyung to not answer like this, let alone not giving you a small hint on why he wasn't replying.

you sighed and groaned in annoyance as your boyfriend walked from behind you and wrapped his small arms around your torso.

"problem?" jimin asked, breathing in the sweet scent of your hair.

today was saturday, which meant you had work to do. you had just gotten out of the shower and your hair was still damp because of it, jimin wanted to stay at your place last night where you two just cuddled and talked about things.

everything was okay at that moment, until you were conflicted with the fact that taehyung hadn't talked to you since the day of hoseok's injury.

speaking of hoseok, your relationship with him has been somewhat close yet distant. but for some reason, even though you knew that you two haven't been all that close, a part of you still felt that bond with him.

"kinda," you spoke, turning off your phone as you turned to look at jimin and kissed his cheek, "just things with tae, don't worry about it."

"hold up, 'things with tae,' are you two fighting or something?" jimin asked concernedly.

"no no!" you shook your head, trying to make your boyfriend not panic, "we're just..i don't know. he hasn't been answering my calls or texts and i have no clue why."

jimin was a bit taken back by this fact, surprised that someone like taehyung would completely just ignore you like that. but of course, a small inch of his brain had an idea as to why.

jungkook. jimin thought in his mind, trying not to express how surprised yet angry he was.

"is something wrong?" you asked, looking up unsurely as you tilted your head, your locks sliding off of your shoulder.

"no," jimin instantly said, "i'm just worried now."

"pabo," you pinched his cheeks, "i told you not to worry!"

"sorry," jimin laughed at himself as he wrapped his arms around you tighter, "i just get so worked up nowadays because you've been in a lot of shit ever since we started dating."

you really didn't how to respond, because he was right about that. you bit your lip, "i'm sorry.."

"don't apologize, (your name)," jimin laughed, his high pitched voice chiming in your ears. "you didn't mean for any of this to happen."

"thanks, jiminie," you smiled and pecked his lips, quickly walking away from him as you realized that you might be late for work.

you grabbed your coat and tied your hair into a high pony, trying not to tug your hair so hard since it was mildly damp in some areas. you put on your autumn jacket and grabbed some comfortable shoes, trying to make sure you were feeling nice with the weather around you.

"are you ready?" jimin asked, leaning against your door with the car keys in his hands. he was wearing comfortable clothing as well, sweatpants and a t-shirt along with a hoodie and some matching running shoes.

"yeah," you grinned and skipped past your boyfriend as you walked down the stairs of the apartment complex, your face being welcomed by the cool breeze of fall and the slight warmness of the air.

your body hoped into jimin's red car, sitting comfortably onto the passenger's seat as you put on your seat belt, adjusting yourself onto the seat and jimin was still into view.