part twelve - company

you had practically felt your body sinking into the couch, not being able to believe the words that just left your crush's mouth. it didn't make sense to you, sure he would flirt with you, but you thought that he was just doing that to be nice.

your throat was dry, and you could hear the sound of your heart thumping louder and louder.

"what?" you asked, pretty quietly.

jimin looked you in the eyes this time, "i like you."

there it was again. that feeling.

"oh, wow, uh-" you felt your face blushing, "i-i didn't know you felt that way."

"well i do." jimin's tone was a bit soft, sounding truthful about it. you could tell by the look on his face that he was serious.

"jimin.."

"do you like me too?"

this sort of sensational feeling was trying to break away from your non-reactive exterior. this was everything you had hoped for and wanted, for jimin to like you. for jimin to actually admit his feelings towards you.

"um..as a friend or..?"

jimin laughed and twirled a strand of your hair, "what do you think?"

your stomach felt like bursting because all of the butterflies that were fluttering around inside of it like a tornado. your face was red, not to mention your hands were shaking and your legs were trembling.

"so..do you?" jimin leaned forward a bit, his soft small hands lifting up your chin.

jimin looked so angelic at that moment, he was the only thing you could see in the badly lit room. it was as if nothing else mattered at this moment, jimin stood out like fine a jewel in a jewelry store.

he was available, beautiful, and was one of a kind. he was the jewel you wanted, the jewel that you waited so long for.

"jimin," you looked deeply into his eyes, "listen.."

but of course everyone else wanted that jewel too, they might steal it from you if you had taken it with your selfish and naive hands.

he looked intently into your eyes, his hand still on your chin, holding it as if it were the most delicate thing he could touch.

you gulped, and took a deep breath before answering, "i like you too, jimin. but..we can't."

--

things haven't been the same since that night. you and jimin haven't talked to each other since last night. well, that's only because the both of you had confessed to each other. but of course your answer to his question was rather simple.

but right now, that wasn't relevant. because you were laying on your bed, thinking about what had happened the night before. what had happened with jimin and what could've happened if you've said yes.

you tossed and turned in your bed, remembering how jungkook and taehyung had both laughed and slept on the same bed as you from the night before, totally unbeknownst to what happened between you and jimin. their laughs echoing in the room and the scent of jimin's cologne still filling up your sheets.

luckily for you, it was saturday, and your day off. although you missed seeing hongbin and wanted to stop by the flower shop, your mind was in too much of a daze to do anything.

so you were basically staying home and watching music videos on your tv as the light rain drops had hit your window.

burying your face into your pillow, you heard a gentle buzz from the nightstand next to your bed. someone had texted you.