part twenty five - a sister's suspicion

it was another rainy day in korea, and the only thing to watch besides the busy streets and cars were the rain. hoseok placed his palm underneath his chin and watched the small drops hit his window, pitter pattering onto the window pane. he puffed his cheeks out and managed a sigh.

he didn't want to admit it, but he missed you.

of course he still had contact with you, but ever since you and jimin have been together he hasn't had the slightest chance to hangout with you like before. the only person he would talk to would be jungkook, since jungkook had been keeping close contact with him. hoseok didn't mind the company though, it was to fill up that empty space that you had left in his heart.

"you're definitely unforgettable, (your name)." hoseok admitted, sighing in defeat. his voice became quieter and more of a croak, "do you have any idea on how you're making my heart feel?"

"oppa?"

hoseok turned his head to be greeted by the concerned face of his younger sister, he managed to put on a smile. "sorry, am i worrying you?"

she nodded in response, "mhm, tell me what's wrong.."

he turned his head away from her as she went inside and closed the door behind her, sitting on her brother's bed. hoseok only shook his head and gave her another false smile, "nothing's wrong, the weather is just so gloomy today it's affecting me."

hoseok managed an awkward laugh after his response, only earning a pout from his sister. her pale cheeks extending as her brows furrowed.

"oppa," she glared, "you can tell me if something's bothering you, i can tell that something's making you upset. tell me!"

hoseok laughed at how persistent his sister was, since she was so cute but not that far from his age. "aish, jiwoo, you're so persistent! let your brother off the hook hm?"

jiwoo shook her head and earned another sigh from her brother who just patted her head and looked down onto the floor of his bedroom, "i'm okay.."

hoseok smiled widely along with his eye smiles, "promise."

jiwoo only crossed her arms in response, "if you're lying to me.."

"ani!" hoseok chuckled, shaking his hands. "i'm not lying, i swear."

"pinky promise?"

"pinky promise." hoseok took his sister's hand and their pinky fingers intertwined. of course it was a childish act to do, but it was cute and promising.

"okay," jiwoo sighed and looked at hoseok, "since you're okay we should go out to get a drink."

"drink?"

she nodded, "yeah, i know the weather isn't that great but i'm in the mood for a hot drink. like..hot chocolate?"

hoseok nodded, "alright then."

jiwoo clapped her hands excitedly and got up from her brother's bed, she walked towards the door and turned around before leaving, "you're paying!"

"jiwoo!" hoseok yelled as she ran out to the hall laughing, "this girl.."

hoseok laughed to himself and grabbed his coat and wallet, getting ready to head to the local cafe. he looked at himself in the mirror and surprised by how sad he looked, his eyes having bags under them and his lips dry. it was no wonder his sister was worried, he looked like a mess.

hoseok scratched his head and looked at his hair closely, deciding maybe it was time to do something different with it.

hoseok sighed and headed downstairs to be greeted by the grumpy face of his sister.