part seventeen - where does the pain go once the rain stops

you had came home along with taehyung, entering your house and setting the baby down onto the ground as you took off your jacket and set it onto the couch. you had brought your backpack to your room and changed into quick house clothes.

taehyung however was still in his uniform, and went inside your bathroom to change his clothes. taehyung didn't bring spare clothes with him, he has his own clothes in your house.

although that seemed strange to others, it was perfectly normal to you that taehyung had some clothes of his at your place since he likes to sleepover a lot. jimin of course would always point it out, and you thought it was cute that he cared.

but you shivered at the thought of jimin asking you out. it's not like it was disgusting or shocking, but you didn't really expect jimin wanting to continue on pursuing you.

it just didn't seem like him to be so hung up over one girl.

as rude as that statement sounded, it was true. you weren't used to seeing jimin wanting to be with one girl. and maybe it was strange since that one girl was you, and that's what made you still so hung up over him.

your crush wanted you, and jimin wanted nothing more than to call you his and kiss you and do all the things that couples did. that's what you've always wanted, but when it came, after many years of staying quiet, you rejected him.

i'm such a dick. you thought in your head as you had tied your hair into a high ponytail.

taehyung had gotten out of the bathroom, in fresh new clothes as he laid down onto your couch. you watched as his tall body was longer than the couch but it didn't matter, he looked rather cute curling his body into a ball on the furniture.

"is something wrong, tae?" you asked, grabbing yourself a bottle of water.

"no.." taehyung shook his head, "okay well-okay yeah. yeah, there's something wrong."

you smiled as you sat right next to your best friend, and although you two had made up, it still felt like forever since you two have talked.

"and what is that?"

"(your name)," taehyung called, "do you like hoseok hyung?"

you froze in your seat, registering the thought of hoseok. remembering all those times he was good to you, was there when you were a wreck, and the times where he would make jokes with you. it made you smile unknowingly and taehyung noticed that. he's never seen you smile that way before, well, only with jimin to be exact.

but this smile wasn't just over a girl thinking about her crush, it meant something more. it was the way hoseok was, differing himself from jimin. sure, they were both handsome, funny, and great.

but hoseok was always positive, and there wouldn't be much complications with dating him.

"well?" taehyung asked, suddenly giggling at your trance, "i'll take that as a yes."

"what?" you pushed taehyung lightly with the palm of your hand, "no! i don't like hoseok oppa!"

"you're still calling him oppa, (your name)," taehyung smirked.

"not like that means anything," you drank the liquid inside of the bottle, "besides, hoseok's not interested."

taehyung made an incorrect buzzer sound as he sat up, "bitch, is you blind?!"

"excuse me?"

"hoseok hyung totally likes you!" taehyung lifted his hands for emphasis, "do you not see the way he looks at you?"

"i guess i don't really pay attention.." you confessed.

"obviously," he laughed, "but hoseok likes you. it's written all over his face."