part twenty three - bright lights

freshman year; summer vacation

jungkook had walked outside of the club laughing his butt off next to jimin, who was holding an alcoholic beverage in his hands. of course, they were too young to be drinking but they managed to get in since they looked older. that and fake identification cards were easy to make for them since the description matched them somewhat accurately.

but despite all that, the two boys laughing made it into their car, jungkook was the responsible one tonight, being completely sober and not as intoxicated as jimin. but he only made one mistake, jungkook wasn't of age to drive. jimin had promised that he was capable of driving since his system could handle it, but jimin was somewhat fazed that night.

jungkook fastend jimin's seat belt on and sat next to him on the passenger seat. jungkook of course was feeling uneasy but he trusted his best friend's judgement. jimin started to start the engine and perfectly reversed out of the spot, leaving the alcoholic area and proceeding to head home.

after a short while of no talking, jungkook started to speak up as the radio was playing some music. "so hyung.."

jimin turned his face at his direction for a short while before facing the road again, "yeah?"

"i know you're still bummed about (your name)," jungkook stated awkwardly, "because that's the only reason why we went to the club huh?"

jimin was silent, licking his dry lips and just made a sound that meant he agreed. "she's with that ball of sunshine hoseok."

jimin rolled his eyes, remembering just how much hoseok was able to make you smile and laugh so easily unlike jimin who literally had to try so hard each time. he just didn't get the reaction he wanted from you.

"hoseok hyung is great," jungkook assured, trying to make sure jimin's love was in good hands, "i think they're a really great match..maybe get back together with yuri?"

jimin laughed at jungkook's joke, "no thanks, i mean she was great, but i really can't date someone who hops from guy to guy. especially since i did walk in on you two having sex."

jungkook groaned in embarrassment, "no, we were just making out!"

jimin laughed at his friend, "sure, i believe you."

"no you don't."

"you know me so well." jimin laughed, a high pitched giggle roaming the air around him making jungkook feel less tense.

"i don't even like yuri at all, it just happened.."

"alright, alright, chill jungkook." jimin laughed. "i believe you."

jungkook smiled at the sudden positivity and relaxing aura surrounding the two of them, he liked it whenever jimin would act this way, he was so easy to talk to and he wasn't afraid of having to filter his mouth.

after the somewhat decent conversation, they kept focusing their eyes on the road and jungkook was just casually listening and singing along to the song playing in the vehicle. jimin's mind was too conflicted on how to feel, but deep down he knew that jungkook was right.

hoseok was better with you than you would be with  jimin.

it made jimin's heart ache of course, but seeing you smile and laugh with hoseok made him feel happy for you. he was glad that you had found someone so sweet, so nice, caring, and not advantageous like other guys. hoseok was too good to beat compared to jimin, and for once, he thanked that.

jimin couldn't help but smile but inside his heart was weeping, "jungkook.."

jungkook stopped singing and turned his head to the side, "yeah?"