part twenty - the punch of a lifetime

you walked out of your apartment and had headed towards the vehicle in front of you. it was jimin's car, he offered to pick you up even though you didn't mind walking the long way to school.

he smiled as soon as you entered his car, and gave you a cute peck on the cheek. you couldn't help but blush and turn away smiling, it made your heart beat with glee. jimin took notice of this and chuckled,

"you're so cute, (your name)," jimin reversed his car. "that made my morning."

"was it already off to a bad start?" you questioned, fastening on your seat belt really quick before the possibility of any accident may happen.

jimin thought about the recent events, especially the ones that happened yesterday. he honestly couldn't comprehend the things he said last night, and the fact that he had broke down in front of jungkook made it worrisome. sure, they were friends and had made up, but jimin was too focused on other things.

"somewhat," he grinned, his eyes not meeting yours.

"jimin," you called, your hands touching each other nervously, making the contact less awkward for you. "aren't you worried about what people might say?"

"no." he instantly replied, "why should i care what people have to say about us?"

"but they're going to ridicule you," you reasoned, "they're gonna start shit and it's-"

before you could've finished your sentence, jimin had grabbed your small hand into his. he gave you a reassuring smile and kissed your knuckles, making your heart melt.

"don't worry about it," he smiled, driving with one hand as he firmly squeezed your's with his. his eyes moved towards the road, "if anything happens i got your back. trust me (your name), and if they can't accept it because of something dumbshit thing you did in freshman year, then oh well. they're going to have to deal with it."

this was one of the many reasons why you loved jimin so much, or why you had a crush on him. he didn't care about other people's opinion in regards to something he was passionate about. you leaned back in your seat, relieved with his answer.

you took a deep breath and awaited what would happen when you went to the school.

"i trust you, jimin."

--

jungkook looked confusedly at taehyung, "what do you mean you don't trust jimin?"

taehyung shook his head, his tall stature leaning against the locker. taehyung has been off ever since you had told him the events that had happened that night, and he felt so bad for you. of course he was happy that you and jimin were now dating, he's been begging for you to confess for the longest time.

but hearing the fact that jimin had showed up right before the date was supposed to be held, it stuck to him like glue. and he wanted to get into the bottom of it.

"i just don't."

"there's gotta be more than a 'i just don't,' hyung," jungkook slammed his locker and slinged his back pack onto his broad shoulder. "tell me, jimin's not exactly here yet."

taehyung's eyes looked around his perimeters, making sure you, hoseok, and especially jimin weren't around to hear his thoughts. he didn't want to give a bad impression. he leaned towards jungkook, "don't you think it's a bit odd that jimin would show up literally minutes before the date even started?"

jungkook gulped, "no, why?"

taehyung shook his head, "think about it. jimin has been crushing on (your name) since who knows how long."