part twenty seven - a false identity

taehyung had led you into the house quietly, not uttering a word as he held onto your hand rather tightly. of course you were scared, since taehyung was usually a very happy and a rather ecstatic person, so seeing him like this worried you. what made you feel even more unpleasant was that you noticed your friendship with him had been dissipating.

tae, you're not going to end our friendship are you? you squinted your eyes in fear as he had led you to the bed room.

what surprised you for the first time was that nameless had been barking and wanting to gain some love from his owner, but taehyung ignored the dog by closing the door.

your eyes widened as you saw that happen, and the only sound filling the room was the poor dog whimpering against the door. of course, nameless grunted in defeat and walked away from the door moments later. you turned your head and were faced by a shocking sight, taehyung's sleeping quarters were a complete mess.

the sheets weren't laid properly, making the bed look disoriented and rather half assed. the pillows had dark spots on them, as if someone had been crying on them from the night before. there were countless tissues around the floor, making you wonder what has been going on with your best friend.

you looked up, hands a bit shaky, "taehyung..what on earth happened?"

taehyung only swallowed, "s-sit down please."

you stared at him for a few seconds before sitting on his bed, feeling your body feel somewhat less tense. you gulped and your tense eyes met up with taehyung's.

"are you gonna talk about it now?"

"(your name)," taehyung said abruptly, making you jump. taehyung realized how frightened you seemed, and it only made him worry even more. "sorry! i just feel so.."

he scanned you before speaking up again, "bothered."

"bothered?" you blinked, "with what?"

taehyung was thinking back to the things jungkook told him, that you were in a horrible car accident years ago and that you and hoseok used to date. he could tell that jungkook regretted telling him, and taehyung of course was conflicted whether it was betrayal or not. but knowing him for so long, he knew he was only trying to do it to protect him and you. but was it worth watching jimin treat hoseok so badly after knowing this? was it really a great idea encouraging you to go after jimin when you and hoseok had been in love from the very start?

he was in a wreck right now, taehyung was blaming himself for all these reasons. that's why he hasn't been talking to you nor showing up to school.

he thought of himself as a horrible best friend.

"taehyung," you said worriedly after watching him be silent for quite a while, you placed your delicate hands onto his. you felt how cold they were but you chose to ignore it. "tell me what's going on please? you haven't been yourself lately and it's been worrying me! you haven't shown up to school, you're even ignoring my texts and calls..."

taehyung bit his lip, looking away.

"i even went to get us drinks hoping we can talk about it," you then remembered what happened before you came in, "but then you know..it spilled."

taehyung made a half smile, but you could tell it was forced.

"so please," you begged, looking at your best friend in his big brown eyes that you missed seeing, "tell me what's going on because i can't live with myself like this."

taehyung looked up at you questionably, "can't live with yourself?"

you nodded and laid a sincere smile upon your face, "how can i manage to live with myself if i keep leaving my best friend to deal with their own problems? you're hurting taehyung, and as your best friend, that's something i can't ever sit back and watch.."