part fifteen - daydream daydream

hoseok was holding your hand as the both of you were walking along the sidewalk, your feet perfectly in sync with each other each step of the way.

the sun was out, shining beautifully on your bodies. it was blissful, it felt like heaven.

your intertwined hands with the ones you loved, you cherished, that waking breathing moment was something you'll never forget. it was too good, too great.

you never wanted it to end.

"hey, (your name)," hoseok called, stopping the both of you.

you and hoseok stood there, the autumn leaves creating crunching sounds and the various shades of orange and red illuminating around the both of you.

"what is it, hobi?"

hoseok only gulped, his eyes looking at yours very lovingly. he was nervous, even though he knew you two were young, and first love was a rather stupid thing to believe in at your age, he didn't care.

"i..i know i made that promise about us staying together." hoseok gulped, his eyes looking at the ground.

you were taken back by the words he was saying, "what are you trying to say?"

hoseok's eyes looked directly at yours, and this was the most serious you've ever seen of him. his lips were trembling, his hands were shaking as they held yours.

"what?" you said a bit more worriedly, not fully understanding what was happening.

"the promise we made," hoseok repeated, "i don't know if i'll be able to keep it."

"hoseok-"

"(your name), listen to me." hoseok's hand gently cupped your face, ever so gently as if you were fine china. he hated this. he hated having to say these words to you, even if they hurt you. "i want you to know that this wasn't your fault, and i know something bad is going to happen to me-"

"hoseok, stop this-"

"(your name)," hoseok kissed your lips lightly, making your heart flutter and your stomach want to burst.

it was so loving, and filled with so many meanings and emotions that you couldn't say. what you can't say.

"i love you."

hoseok walked away from you, and you called out his names numerous times. the only sight you saw before you woke up, was the sad smile on hoseok's face before everything faded to black.

--

"yah, (your name)!"

your eyes were fluttering open, and your eyes also tried to adjust to your surroundings. after your eyes had adjusted, you were met with your friends looking at you concernedly.

"hey, are you okay?" taehyung tugged on your arm, leaning closer to your face.

"oh, uh-" you coughed, "i'm fine."

"she was probably day dreaming." jungkook laughed, drinking the small carton of milk on the lunch table.

"ooh, day dreaming?" taehyung smirked, poking your cheek, "about what? or rather.."

jungkook smirked wiggling his dark eyebrows, "who?"

your cheeks flushed as you remembered who the dream was about, what was even more embarrassing was the fact that hoseok was looking directly at you as he was also sitting in the same table as you.