6

It had been three whole nights now since I've had the dreaded nightmare last. I didn't have it the night before Pluto and Jupiter came, I didn't have it Saturday night, and I didn't have it Sunday night. That didn't mean though I was completely excused from dreaming about the newest members of our humble family. For the past two nights after they had arrived, I had a lot of weird dreams about them.

In a good portion of the dreams I was a little girl, probably about five, and we were in a building with a lot of equipment and they were wearing these weird grey skin suits. Unlike the nightmare, Pluto and Jupiter looked human in these. Oddly, I couldn't hear anyone talking in the dream, it was a silent dream, yet I seemed to know exactly what was going on. During each dream, I was interacting with both of them but the way they responded to me during these interactions was creepy. It was like they didn't know how to communicate but they were trying hard to. In some parts, they would get frustrated and then react violently.

While these dreams may not sound very scary and in a way, they weren't, I always had an unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach in the morning.

Couldn't I just have a dream I was making out with one of them or something like a normal teenage girl?

At least the dreams weren't bad enough to disturb my night of sleep, in fact I was getting too good of a good night's sleep I'm afraid, because this morning I slept through my alarm and woke up half an hour before I had to go to school. As expected, this stressed me out and put me beside myself as I rushed around to get ready.

Naomi was stressing me out to, because I had run circles around her frantically while getting ready for school in our tiny room. As I did, she worked on her makeup while complaining about the boys taking her room. By the time I had managed to get ready, it was too late to eat breakfast, so I just skipped out the front door to my car with Naomi.

While I drove to school, I tried to be patient with Naomi as she whined and groused about how she was having trouble sleeping because my window was by the nosy road while hers was facing the backyard in her old room.

"It's just so loud in your room, like no offense but I need complete silence to get a decent night of sleep and that stupid road is stripping me of my rights to a silent night..." Naomi continued to ramble on as I struggled to get my backpack on, while we both walked into school.

"Naomi no offense, but shut up," I finally said, earning an offended gasp.

"I didn't ask to be put in this situation, it was thrust unjustly upon my lap," She said gruffly as we pushed our way through the front door, down the hall and to my locker where Jupiter was waiting for me with an unpleasant looking Pluto.

"Hey Abby, I was wondering where you were," Jupiter said, sounding relieved as he watched me open my locker.

"I was running a little late, slept through my alarm." I informed.

"Oh. Well I'm glad you're okay," He said making Naomi raise an eyebrow.

"You know you don't have to bodyguard us just because you're living in our house," She said, rather rudely and Pluto sneered at her.

"Just so you know little girl, Abigail told Jupiter she was going to give us a tour of the school this morning," He said, sounding ruder then Naomi ever could. He was right though. I had entirely forgotten the promise I made to them yesterday about giving them a tour when Jupiter asked.

Even though it had only been two days, Jupiter had already glued himself to me and he spent the whole weekend following me around like a puppy dog as he asked me questions about myself, and about the house. While Naomi thought he was creepy and annoying, I saw it as an innocent gesture to make a friend. Out of all my siblings I had always been known as the more approachable one, and even though there was the unresolved issue of whether they were from my dream or not, I did want them to feel welcomed.