34

After Jupiter sent me back inside, I explored the abandoned warehouse for a little bit before settling down in a corner to wait for the others to finish with Pluto. I must've fallen asleep in the corner though before that happened, because when I opened my eyes later the sun was shining through the cracks in the wall and everyone around me was asleep. Rubbing my eyes, I took a moment to find Henrie and once I made sure he was safely resting near my feet I closed my eyes again. Before I could go back to sleep though, Pluto's weak voice sounded.

"A-Abigail."

Upon hearing him I opened my eyes and looked over to see him looking at me from his uncomfortable bed on the table. Without hesitation I scrambled up and made my way over to him. "Hey, how are you doing?" I asked as I stood at his side. It looked the others had repaired a good portion of his damage and found him a change of clothes.

"I've had worst d-days." He sighed and I smiled sympathetically as I brushed some matted hair out his face.

"You're going to live though?" At that he smiled a little.

"That's the plan." He then reached up and grabbed my hand before resting it on his chest. "Thank you."

"For what?" I asked, allowing my hand to rest there.

"For rescuing me. If it wasn't for you, I probably would've died down there." He sighed.

"It was Jupiter. He was the one who knew how to find you, I just tagged along."

Nodding Pluto looked away.

"Makes sense. He s-saved me the last time...it happened."

Frowning a little, I reached over and turned a nearby bucket upside down to sit on.

"What do you mean? The last time it happened?" I asked. With a tighter grip on my hand, he looked back over at me.

"I've been captured by Titan and his men before. When the lab was overrun. Jupiter tracked them to their hideout and rescued me."

"Wow, he's quite the vigilante, isn't he?" I asked, to which Pluto chuckled.

"He's braver then he's given credit for I think."

"Yeah. Yeah he is." I couldn't but then let my mind drift back to my strange encounter with Jupiter last night. Was that why he was all butt hurt about me praising Pluto instead of him? Because he never received enough credit?

"Hey Pluto, what's the deal with Venus?" I whispered, just in case someone who wasn't supposed to be listening was. At that Pluto glanced around before leaning in.

"You have the necklace, right?" He whispered back and I nodded as I gestured to my pocket.

"Safe and sound."

Pluto let out a sigh of relief as I he laid back. "Good. We have the upper hand."

Nodding, I sat back a little to. "So, who is she? Did you know her?" I asked curiously.

"I did know her, quite well. She was a good friend of mine, whom I miss dearly." He sighed. "She got taken that night, right before Titan got me as well. Fortunately, I had been able to hep Mel escape with the necklace before he got me as well." He then pointed to the general area of my hidden pocket. "Don't lose that Abigail. Its your job to protect it now until we find Venus again. I know you can do it," He said, letting out a pain breath and I smiled softly as I grabbed his hand.

"I'm glad you're okay," I said, deciding to move on from the topic.

"I guess so, but are you okay? What happened in t-the house, it must've been hard," He said.