17

"You left him! I can't believe you left him!" I gasped, turning back on Gemma.

"I had to...I had no choice..." She breathed, panting for air as she leaned heavily against the wall.

"You didn't have to leave him! There were two of them and four of us! We could've all made it!" I shouted, hitting the elevator door with a closed fist.

"We don't know that Abigail! There could be way more than two. You saw what they did in that office," She said bitterly.

"You're wrong! We shouldn't have left him!" Letting out a soft whimper then, Naomi slid down to the elevator floor and hugged her knees.

"They're going to kill him, aren't they?" She whispered and I shook my head fast.

"No. No, they're not going to kill him. They won't. If they were going to kill him, they would've shot him in the hall." I reassured her as I ran my fingers through my hair and tried to catch my breath. I was beyond terrified right now. The hot blood coursing through my veins felt like ice, I could hardly breathe, and my knees wouldn't stop trembling. I knew though I couldn't panic. Gemma and Naomi were both more scared then me and if someone didn't keep calm in place of Toby the three of us were done for.

"I'm so sorry Abigail, I didn't want to leave him," Gemma said hoarsely, looking over at me with a pale face. Exhaling slowly, I fought back tears as I looked up at the monitor. We were almost at the first floor.

The car was just a couple of hundred feet away, we could make it. We had to make it.

"The elevator is about to open," I looked back at her and Naomi. "And when it does, we need to get to the car." Sharing anxious looks, the two of them nodded slowly and stood up. I had no clue how to hotwire a car, but I've seen it done in movies. It couldn't be that hard, could it? The elevator then screeched to a halt as it came to the first floor and the doors slid open to reveal another destroyed office floor.

Immediately when the doors open, the three of us stumbled out of the elevator and into the mess of broken glass and torn papers that once made up the first floor of the previously nice office. As we ran, faster than I had ever ran in my entire life, something about all this felt familiar. The damaged office, the faint sounds of office workers, the closing in sound of gunshots, the gripping fear of death, the smell of gasoline and flickering lights.

The sight of the flickering lights was most familiar of all.

"We're almost at the car! We can make it!" I yelled once we were outside and the car was in sight. We were so close I could read the licenses plate, but then gunshots started to rain down on the parking lot and for the second time that day we had to drop to the ground. "Get under the car! Hurry!" I yelled at Naomi as the two of us crawled across the parking space to the nearest car and got underneath.

"Abby! Abby where's Gemma!" Naomi screamed at me as she covered her ears and I felt my heart jump into my throat. Looking to the side from underneath the car, I saw her lying there on the ground in a ball.

She was in the middle of the gunfire.

"Gemma! Gemma!" I screamed at her, but she didn't so much as flinch as I called her name. She wasn't moving. "Gemma get up! You need to get up!" I yelled, pulling myself out from underneath the car without a second thought and I ran across the parking lot towards her. "Gemma! Gemma get up!" I shouted as I stumbled across the parking lot and over to her. I had prepared myself for the worst. I was expecting to see her shot, at least twice but either way I was going to save her.

Instead though, I was met by an alarming surprise.

She didn't have any bullet holes in her, she had darts.

Tranquilizer darts.

Gasping I looked around at the ground. They were everywhere, just littered across the ground. They weren't trying to kill us like the people in the office; they were trying to catch us. Looking back over at the office building then, that was when I saw them. Two more of the robotic men making their way towards me with these skinny metal robotic looking creatures. Creatures that were in Mac's photos.

Creatures that were heading straight towards us.

"Gemma...Gemma get up...Gemma please get up!" I urged, feeling tears spring to my eyes. She was too heavy to carry, I'd never be able to get away, but I couldn't bear the thought of leaving her to.

"Abigail! Abigail help me!" I then heard Naomi shrieking, and I looked back to see three of those skinny metal things dragging her out from underneath the car. Feeling my breaths come out sharp and painful I turned back to the other group of them and they pointed their guns at me.

"Abigail Williams," The biggest of them said, in his terrifying scratchy voice. Feeling tears roll down my cheeks, I quickly rose to my feet and dashed back towards Naomi.

"Don't hurt her! Let her go!" I shouted, as I felt the prick of darts in my leg. Still I pushed on towards them, but I only was able to take a couple more steps before collapsing. Whatever was in the dart worked fast and I could feel my vision get hazy. "Let her go...Let her go please..." I choked out, struggling to get up as they dragged Naomi out of my line of sight. "No... come back...bring her back..." I pleaded, rolling over my back to attempt getting up. As I struggled, the thing who spoke my name came towards me with a smirk pulling back his cheeks. "No...Please..." I gasped, completely unable to move. This was it; I was going to die. They were going to take me to whatever Pluto was trying to take me away from and I was going to die. Bracing myself, I waited to feel their metal hands on me. Instead though, I heard a far-off cry and the last thing I saw was a girl with fierce brown eyes driving a sword through his chest. 

_______________________________________________________________________
Annnnnnd sooooo she blacks out! I know that's such a cliche way to end a chapter but I loveeeeee it! I just love drama in general :3

Well...story drama that is!

-Mari.