22

Every day, after our first visit to the training room Neptune made me come down to the training room with her or Mercury and hit that stupid bag. No matter how tired, how depressed, or how irritable I felt—I was forced to come down there and hit it. In some ways it did help, especially when my emotions were spiraling out of control, but by the end of the week I was sick of doing it. It wasn't just hitting the punching bag either. Neptune made me meditate with her, Mercury gave me a brief crash course on a new weapon each day and they both insisted I learn how to work the tactical vehicles.

When I wasn't in bootcamp punching bags, I was either in my room bawling my eyes out, or in the kitchen being forced to eat. The routine got old fast and it didn't seem like it was going to change anytime soon. Everyone seemed content hiding out in that house waiting to for their next set of commands and I think Pluto was legitimately hiding in the house because since our fight in the living room I hadn't seen him. Not that I wanted to. Even though I was trying my best to properly redirect my anger, I was still furious Pluto had allowed himself to be put in that position in the first place. As for the others, I was warming up to them a little, but they needed to do a lot more then feed me and invite me to play Uno to gain my trust.

That night though, I didn't have to worry about anyone trying to charm me because everyone was asleep. Apparently, they needed the sleep to properly recharge their systems. Usually, I would start off having trouble sleeping before drifting off but tonight I couldn't sleep. Thinking about my siblings, my parents, and what happened at our home and in the office building almost a week ago, kept me awake with a knot in my chest. At first, I tried to ignore it, but after an hour I decided to get up.

My original plan had been to pace around my room until I was tired, but it only took a moment for me to get frustrated. Being in this room made me feel cooped up, I needed to get out of here and breathe. I think I was going to go sneak down into the training room. I knew the codes and everything by now because Neptune made me memorize them, so getting down there would be a breeze.

So, without giving it a second thought, I pulled on my camouflage jacket and tip toed out of my room, down the hall and down the stairs. When I got to the bottom though, I was surprised to see Jupiter sitting on the couch, in the dark polishing his handgun. You know, the one his hand transformed into. When he noticed me, he didn't seem all that surprised.

"Shouldn't you be asleep Abigail?" He asked, looking up at me.

"Shouldn't you?" I asked, taking a seat next to him.

"Yes, but it's my turn to stand guard." He informed, allowing his hand to transform back to regular form.

"You guys stand guard?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah, in case our good friends decide to pay us a visit." He nudged me. "Why are you up?"

Shrugging I sat back against the couch. "I can't sleep. So, I'm going to go to the training room to blow off some steam."

At that, Jupiter shifted as he licked his lips. "Why don't you just stand guard here with me? You spend so much time in that training room. You deserve a break."

Chuckling, I shook my head. "No that's alright. I think I just need a little alone time."

"What do guys do down there anyways?" He asked, seeming disappointed.

"Hit bags. Meditate. Play with guns. Gossip about Titan. You know, girl stuff," I said, standing up.

"Hmm." Was all Jupiter muttered before letting his hand transform back into the handgun. "What are you planning on doing down there tonight?" He asked.

"Probably going to use one of the computers." I admitted, looking down at him as he looked down at his gun, then looked up at me.

"The passcode to get in is MarsRulez1100. Don't get caught," He said, and I smiled warmly at him.