10

It seemed the computer error was a problem for everyone today. All morning, none of my teachers called out my name in the role call and according to Gemma and Naomi the same was happening to them. The teachers said the system probably just erased some of the names and told us not to worry about it, so we didn't.

Instead I worried about how to get revenge on Pluto, which was not proving to be an easy task. By lunch time I was completely frustrated and viciously eating my tuna sandwich next to Mac as Naomi messed around her phone. She was frustrated to, but over something completely different. Apparently, she had been locked out of her Instagram and my sister was one of those girls who couldn't live five minutes without checking her social media.

"I hate this stupid app." She grumbled as she finally tossed the phone aside and began to work on her lunch.

"If you hate it so much then why do you use it?" Mac asked, while I remained quiet. I didn't really care why she did, but I was trying to focus on something other than Pluto. Although I wanted to invent some sort of plan, I didn't want to get obsessed with it.

"Because I'm preparing to be famous someday," She said, like it was some big burden.

"Tragic," Mac said with an eye roll as I finished the last bite of my sandwich and bunched up the wrapper.

"Tell me about it." She sighed heavily. "So, have you thought of a way to get back at Pluto? I meant to think about it, but my stupid Instagram distracted me. It's so weird, my phone isn't letting me log into anything today," She said.

"You shouldn't let it ruin your day, and no I haven't thought of anything. I tried to, but its hard," I finally said with a heavy sigh as I pulled out my orange juice and began to peel off the wrapper around the lid. I think my mom meant to give me lemonade, but she was probably distracted when packing lunches today.

"It has to be something that will embarrass him. It's not worth it if it only embarrasses him in front of us," Naomi said thoughtfully.

"Yeah, it sucks you don't have any more of that vinegar stuff because he spilled it on you." Mac snickered before turning to me. "Speaking of which, are you coming to the darkroom today? I have some more of those photos of that creature I wanted to show..."

The rest of his sentence got lost in translation because as Mac began to ramble on my eyes fell upon Naomi's burger she had packed with pickles and something finally came to mind. It was everything I could've asked for, a plan so simply perfect I took a moment longer to stare at that burger in appreciation before jumping into action. "Mac do you still have that mini tube squirter thing with you?" I asked, earning a look.

"Abigail, didn't you hear a word I said? I'm starting to get worried about-" He began but I cut him off.

"Yeah, yeah we'll talk about it later. Do you have it?" I insisted.

Exhaling slowly, Mac reached over and pulled it out of his backpack before handing it to me. "I don't know what your planning but that better not get traced back to me," He said, then turning back to his lunch.

"Don't worry, I've got this," I said as I hid the squirter in my sleeve like the criminal I was becoming, and I slipped into the lunch line. Once I had gotten near the kitchen entrance, I glanced around to make sure the lunch ladies weren't paying attention, then slipped in the back. As discreetly as I could, I found my way over to the fridge where they stored the cold stuff and pried open the lid of the pickle container. When it was off, I then stuck the tip of the gun into the pickle juice and filled her up.

Then, when I was sure I had enough, I closed the pickle container back up and made my way out of the kitchen, out of the line and into the crowded lunchroom. It only took me a moment to find Pluto--him and Jupiter were leaning against the wall near the exit. I guess they had already finished their lunch and were just passing the time. Come to think of it, I have never seen them eat lunch here. Or anything really. I wonder when they ate?