23

After my email account crashed and the computer screen went black, I sat in that training room for a long time. I wanted to leave but I felt chained to the computer chair, and each time I tried to motivate myself to stand up I couldn't. So instead I sat there and allowed a thousand thoughts to crash through my head repetitively, but I was only able to grasp one.

My family was alive.

After a whole week of enduring painful mourning, it was all in vain. As were, my tears for Mac. Even though he was bad condition, he was still alive. They all were. I saw them clear as day in the background, unharmed, healthy looking and seemingly peaceful. They appeared to be safe. I, on the other hand, might not be. There was always a chance this situation was being manipulated and I was seeing it all wrong, but until I knew for sure I had to get out of here.

It wasn't until the clock struck eight in the morning that I finally pushed myself out of the chair. The computer screen was still dark, other than the occasional flicker of light from the crashed system. Despite being up all night, my eyes weren't heavy in the least bit and I felt adrenaline pulsing through my body.

Breathing in and out deeply, I went over to the weapon wall and I began to pull one of the pistols off its hook but then put it back. This was useless. I didn't know how to use it and I'm pretty sure most of them were bullet proof. Instead I decided to go with a weapon that was sure to cause destruction on thick metal. A sledgehammer. It wasn't very big, and probably only weighed ten pounds. Just heavy enough to be threatening.

I then headed back upstairs and as I came out of the room and walked down the hall, I could hear them moving around in the kitchen and talking.

Maybe I could've slipped by undetected and tried to make my escape but hearing them laughing and chatting like all was peaceful in the world made me angry. So incredible angry my knuckles turned while from gripping the sledgehammer.

They knew my family were alive, and they let me suffer.

They were keeping me prisoner here, whether it was for a good cause or not and I was going to get answers.

When I entered the kitchen, I saw Neptune messing around with a gadget and a screw driver as the others sat around the table talking amongst themselves. Pluto was also in the kitchen. I'm pretty sure this morning was the first time I had seen him all week. He was sitting there quietly and not joining in on conversation. They didn't notice me at first, until Pluto glanced my way and his solemn face deepened with a frown. "What are you doing with that?" He asked, making everyone look my way as well.

"Hey Abigail, want some breakfast?" Jupiter asked seemingly unphased as everyone else frowned as well.

"Abigail did you get that from the training room?" Mercury asked, standing up and the second she did I hit the table as hard I could with the sledgehammer, making everyone jump up fast

"Whoa!"

"What are you doing?"

"Abigail put that down before you hurt yourself!"

All of them exclaimed as they quickly got defensively.

"Why did you lie to me?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"What are you talking-" Mars started to say but I interrupted him by holding the sledgehammer in his direction.

"You said they were dead! You said they were all gone! Why did you all lie to me?" I shouted and everyone shared confused looks but said nothing as they stood still. The only one who moved was Pluto and he held up his hands as he moved towards me.

"Are you talking about your family Abigail?" He asked, softly, carefully.

"Who else would I be talking about?" I yelled, moving the sledgehammer in his direction. My trembling hand gave me away though that I was terrified.

"We didn't lie to you Abigail, they are gone. I told you, we tried to save them, but we couldn't. I'm sorry." Jupiter insisted and I felt my eyes well up with hot tears as I looked away from him. I think I might've been the angriest with him. He was the one who told me they were gone.

"That's not what the man on the computer said," I said, making everyone share alarmed looks.

"The man on the computer?" Neptune asked, this being her first time speaking. "Abigail what are you talking about?"

"The one in the training room! I logged onto my email, and there was some live video feed in my email! I saw my family on it, and the man told me they were alive and that you all are liars!" I admitted, feeling the hot tears start rolling down my cheeks.

The twins then shared mortified looks. As the kitchen seemed to darken.

"He found us." Mars breathed and I felt a new kind of tension come across the room.

"Titan, must've set a trap," Neptune said solemnly as she then turned back to the others anxiously "We have to leave now." She decided gravely, and the twins shook their heads.

"No, no we can't. The minds haven't contacted us yet. Anyways, our technology is impossible to trace, Titan can't find us even if he did hack her email." Mars insisted, just as an ear-piercing alarm went off throughout the inside of the house and outside of the house.

Swallowing thickly, Jupiter looked over at the twins.

"I think he just did." 

________________________________________________________________________________

Oh my gosh I love dramatic chapters, especially when your listening to dramatic dubstep and your heart is already pounding as you type!! 

-Mari.