33

For a long while after we pulled out of the parking lot everyone was quiet, until Mars decided to break the peace. "We need to dispose of this Tinker before we go anywhere remotely safe," He said, making Henrie hide himself further behind me.

"No, absolutely not! He's a good guy. They had him in a cage!" I insisted making Mercury shake her head.

"So? If I had a cage, I'd put plenty of guys in it, doesn't make them good," She said, pulling out her gun and pointing it at Henrie. "Now lean forward Abigail so I can get a clear shot."

"No! We're not killing Henrie, he's my friend and you're not going to hurt him!" I shouted, putting my hands over the barrel of her gun.

"Stop arguing! Our only concern right now is finding a place to give Pluto medical treatment before he completely leaks out!" Neptune snapped, quieting all of us as Pluto groaned softly against her shoulder. This whole time she had been holding Pluto in arms, holding an old t-shirt over his open wound. Still glaring at Henrie, both the twins sat back as Jupiter cleared his throat.

"There's a couple of abandoned warehouses and buildings downtown, we could go there," He said, to which Neptune nodded.

"Good idea, let's go there," She said, just as a bump was heard in the trunk.

"What the hell was that?" Mars asked as both the twins looked behind us and I saw Jupiter smirk in the rearview mirror.

"I may have a friend or two back there. Don't worry, I will dispose of them once I learn what we need to know," He said. At that the twins shared a look, but no one said anything else about it.

The car then became quiet once again as Jupiter drove us further downtown, a part of the town I've never been before. If Jupiter could decide the fate of his "friends" I could decide the fate of mine. I wasn't going to let them hurt Henrie. I was the one who rescued him, and I didn't do it with the intention of offing him.

Sighing softly, I started to rub the throbbing bruises on my throat but stopped when I caught Pluto's weak gaze in the mirror. For the entirety of the ride he had his eyes shut as he sat on Neptune's lap and as each moment passed, he looked worse and worse. Instead of letting him see my pain though, I offered him a smile. He deserved it after everything he'd been through. If it wasn't for him, I probably wouldn't have escaped the house. I was to harsh on him, he didn't deserve that.

After a good fifteen minutes or so, we pulled up to an abandon warehouse and once Jupiter shut off the car, we all quietly got out. "Mars, Mercury, help me with him," Neptune said, and the twins went over to the passenger door and helped Neptune gently guide Pluto out of the car. The whole time he groaned miserably, especially when they carried him inside with Jupiter and I following behind. Once we were inside, the three of them gently placed Pluto down on a dusty work table and Mars slipped his jacket under his head.

"I'll go get the medical kit from the car." Mercury decided, rushing back out as Mars and Neptune began to tear off the remains of Pluto's shirt.

"He's lost a lot of fluid, even if we were able to replace it all, he won't be himself fully for days," Mars said worriedly as Neptune examined Pluto's face.

"It seems like it only leaked externally, not internally, so we can thankful for that." She sighed as Mars walked back in with their tools. As he passed Henrie and I though, he gave my Tinker friend a nasty look.

"Don't think I've forgotten about you," He said, to which Henrie whimpered as he gripped me tighter.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to let him hurt you." I reassured as I moved towards the table, but Jupiter grabbed my arm.