35

Whenever Mercury said she would take care of our disguises for the party, I honestly thought she was going to buy them. Instead though, she had Mars distract the people at the register as she stole all of us something to wear in a record time. Once we all had clothes, we went back to the warehouse to get changed. Originally there had been talk of dying my hair a different color to throw off Titan and his men, but Neptune decided that hiding me in plain sight was better. Also, it was a masquerade party, so my face would be covered anyways.

I just wish Mercury had grabbed a better mask for me from the dress shop she hit after the department store, because the silver one she gave me practically covered my entire face and made my face hot. Or perhaps it was the dress. Though, I liked the light blue color of it.

If I was going to prom, this is probably the dress I would've chosen.

"Instead of giving you a gun or attempting to hide that hammer you like to carry around, I'm going to give this," Neptune said, holding out a small rod-shaped stick.

"What's this?" I asked, lifting my mask a little to get a better look. "It's a stun baton. All you do is flip it open like a light saber and press this button. Make sure you're holding the handle though, because if you don't you can electrocute yourself." She instructed, lifting my dress.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm strapping this to your leg so if you need it you can grab it," She said, using a Velcro wrap to hold it in place before letting my dress fall.

"Welcome to the world of female badassery," Mercury said as she adjusted her tie. She had gone for a female suit and a rather stylish tie. It would be hard to recognize her. As would Mars in his empty frame glasses.

"Are you sure we shouldn't have left Abigail with Pluto, I feel like its dangerous having her here," Mars said worriedly as he turned off the highway and onto a service road.

"It'd be more dangerous leaving her with Pluto. He has proven twice now he can't keep her safe, and I especially doubt he can in his current state. Anyways, that little rat of a Tinker is there with him," Jupiter said, fiddling with the buttons of his shirt.

"Don't be so hard on him Jupiter, not all of us were designed with the same capabilities." Neptune scolded putting her mask on.

"Yeah, anyways we needed to leave our stuff with someone so homeless people wouldn't steal it or something." Mercury added. Deciding not to contribute, I looked out the window at the passing city buildings. I was glad we left our stuff with Pluto, because I had a reasonable excuse to leave my camouflage jacket with him. The necklace was still safely tucked away in the secret pocket and I felt better knowing it was with him.

Especially after what happened last time.

"I still think we're being stupid bringing Abigail with us." Mars muttered.

"Look man, the Minds told us to protect her. This is the best we can do. We're already breaking one of their orders, so let's try not to make it worse." Mercury shot back.

"Stop arguing, we're about to arrive and we need to be on our game!" Neptune snapped, right before Mars turned the car into the empty parking lot of the art building. Despite the parking lot being empty, there were a massive crowd of "people" making their way into the building.

"I guess the Steel Sinners like to get their steps in," I said, sitting up to get a better view along with everyone else looking out the windshield.

"This is it guys. This is the moment we've been waiting for." Mars breathed.

"What happens if we mess this up?" Mercury asked.

"Everyone will die," Jupiter said, earning unamused looks from all of us.