15

At some point during the long car ride, all four of us fell asleep despite Toby's warning to stay alert. While it wasn't an ideal thing to do in our situation, we couldn't help it. The toll the stress took on our already tired bodies made it hard to resist some shut eye and who knows when we would get to sleep again.

My sleep wasn't peaceful however, because the instant I closed my eyes I was harassed by nightmares. I dreamt about finding Mac and his camera riddled with bullet holes. I dreamt about the photo he showed me of my younger self with a present-day Pluto and Jupiter in different clothes. I dreamt about the psychotic look in my dad's eye when he chased after me and tried to stab Toby. Then I dreamed about how the bullets ricocheted off Jupiter's body, the way his fingers twisted into the two handguns and about the devastated look in Pluto's eye when Jupiter stood up in the line of fire.

I probably could've continued down the terrible road of bad dream after bad dream if the blaring of car horns didn't jolt me awake. At first, I was horribly confused because I had been expecting to be in my bed, but instead we were in traffic and the sun was shining. Furrowing my eyebrows, I looked around at my stirring siblings and Pluto who was waiting to turn into one of the parking lots of the big fancy office buildings.

"Where are we?" I asked groggily, sitting up a little straighter. It looked like we were in the city nearby, but according to the clock we had been driving for hours.

"We're in the city; I took the long way a few times to throw them off our trail." Pluto informed, looking back at me with those tragic blue eyes that seemed sadder then they did yesterday. That was when I felt the first true pang for Mac, my parents and Jupiter.

"Why are we in the city?" Toby asked, sitting up as well as he rubbed his face.

"In order to take you guys to the safe place, we have to meet with one of the men in charge. Don't worry, we've all been preparing for a day like this. The others should be here soon," He said, making us all share confused, sleepy glances. Before we could question him further though, he pulled into the parking lot of a seemingly normal, tall office building.

Why were we here? And who were the others?

After a bit of turning and swerving, Pluto managed to find parking, before looking back at us.

"Stay close together, and don't leave my line of sight. I can't keep you four safe if you wander. Just because its daylight doesn't mean we're safe, it just means they can find us easier." He then gestured for us to follow him out of the car, which we hesitantly did, and the four of us followed him into the office building in a clump. We must've been quite the sight walking in there, in our dirty pajamas and messy hair. We probably looked homeless, which I think we very well might be.

"Stay close together, don't talk to anyone." Pluto repeated as he walked us down the hall and to the elevator. We did as we were told, but I could tell Toby was fighting the temptation to grab one of the office phones he kept eyeing as we walked by. Once we got into the elevator, it was a little easier for him to relax.

"I still don't understand what's going on." Toby mumbled to himself, but Gemma shushed him. As the elevator carried us up to the top floor, Pluto drummed his fingers on his leg and watched the numbers tick up. Unlike Jupiter, Pluto seemed nervous in the face of imminent danger but was desperately trying to hide it. When the elevator opened, I decided to walk ahead of my siblings with him. "Are you okay?" I asked softly. Rolling his eyes, he shook his head.

"You know I'm not, but I'm not worried about that right now," He said. Nodding in understanding, I found myself nudging him softly.

"You can talk to me if you need to." I offered and he glanced at me with his famous scowl.

"Just because I saved your life Abigail doesn't mean I'm going to talk to you about my feelings." He informed, rather rudely and it was my turn to roll my eyes.

"Fine, keep being a jerk. I was just trying to be nice," I said, falling back in stride with my siblings as Pluto walked us past cubicles and into a private office.

"Let me do the talking," He said, leading us inside where a man in a suit was talking on the phone.

"Yes, Florence I need them by-" He then stopped talking when he saw us and cleared his throat. "Let me call you back," He said before hanging up abruptly. Immediately my curiosity peeked when I realized he looked familiar, which made me question his involvement in the situation and if I had met him before.

"Pluto, I didn't expect to see you here anytime soon, what happened?" He asked, brushing past us to close his shades and lock the office door.

"They found her Trey and they want her bad. Last night they attacked the house, gunfire and everything. I didn't think they would actually do it but their getting desperate." Pluto informed gravely, making the four of us frown.

"Found her who?" Gemma interrupted but she was ignored.

"You should've called me Pluto, having her here could be dangerous. You know that's not how we do things," He said, now looking as stressed as all of us.

Instead of acknowledging this Trey's nerves though, Pluto continued talking. "There wasn't time for a phone call! We must get them in the safe house now! If they get her, it's going to be bad! The others are on their way."

"Her who?" Toby asked this time, but he was also ignored.

"Okay, okay. I just wish you didn't bring them here but there's nothing we can do about that now," Trey said, his voice remaining calm as he picked up the phone.

"Hurry please, we need to know the coordinates for the safe house before we can take them there. It's the only way we can keep her safe without exposing the Minds." He insisted, making all of us share frantic looks.

"What her are you talking about?" Toby asked for a second time, less polite then last time. Finally, they looked over at the four of us.

"Abigail, they found Abigail," Trey said, making my blood run cold as he carefully dialed the number.

"Me?" I asked cautiously but beforethey could answer the sound of gunfire exploded in the quiet office.

_______________________________________________________________________
Hi guys! So I had the ability to update today because I decided to take the day off from theater school and just chill. I hate going long periods of time without writing, it drives me crazy. Sighhhhh. Now that I have gotten it out of my system though I'm gonna go watch Netflix!
What's your current Netflix obsession? Mine is Gotham and Once Upon a Time :3
-Mari.