24

As an unsettling silence the filled the kitchen, leaving only the alarm to be heard, and I suddenly didn't feel so brave anymore with my hammer. Instead I felt terror reside as I watched everyone's faces around me become petrified. They all looked scared, really scared.

"Something tripped the boundary alarm," Mercury finally said, sounding disbelieving. As she said so, I watched Jupiter's fingers twist and crack before transforming into a handgun

"It could just be a deer like last time, but we better go check it out, just in case." He decided and I watched as the twins also twisted their fingers into hand guns.

"I'll come with you guys," Neptune said before turning to Pluto, who was hugging himself. "Stay here with Abigail. There may not be a reason to panic, but if there is, I need you to remain calm." She instructed and Pluto nodded.

"I'll sound my beacon if anything happens," He reassured.

At that I shook my head fast.

"You can't leave me with him! Pluto can't protect me, let me come with you guys." I insisted anxiously, but much to my dismay Neptune shook her head.

"No Abigail, you'll be safer in the house with Pluto," She said softly, but firmly.

"I can protect you Abigail if something happens." Pluto chimed in, sounding hurt as the alarm continued blaring.

"No, you can't, I think you demonstrated that just fine in the office building," I said coldly as I gripped the sledgehammer tighter.

"We don't have time for this right now guys, Abigail, you're staying with Pluto. End of story." Jupiter decided and before I could argue the four of them made a swift exit from the kitchen. Stubbornly, I started after them, but Pluto grabbed my arm.

"You'll be safer here." He urged quietly.

Feeling my jaw clench, I turned back on him.

"Safer here? With you and temper tantrums? Why don't you let me protect myself? Your good at that," I said bitterly, before storming out of the kitchen. Exhaling sharply, Pluto followed me into the living room.

"You really need to cut the attitude with me, I didn't do anything wrong! I did the best I could under the circumstances. I wish you'd just accept that," Pluto said upon entering the living room behind me. Instead of responding, I just rolled my eyes and looped around the living room before heading up the stairs. The sound of the alarm was driving me crazy, maybe if I went to my room it'd be quieter, and I could wait for our impending doom in peace. "Come on Abigail, your being unfair. Just a week ago you said we should try being friends, can't we try again Gail?" He asked, putting a playful edge in his tone. Rather than joking back with him, I just continued stomping off until I made it to my room.

The alarm seemed louder than ever.

"That was before my family supposedly died and I was being kept prisoner in a house with no windows! You people are robots, not vampires for crying out loud, let some sunlight in! And stop calling me that!" I exhaled sharply as I kicked the bedpost. I felt frustration boiling inside me like a wave, coming and going nonstop.

One part of me wanted to hit Pluto with the hammer, and the other part of me wanted to hit myself to make it all stop.

Taking a pained breath, I kicked the bed post again and again. "All you had to do was follow us! You could have just followed us! You could've been the one to block the door! You could have been the one to stop them from dragging off Naomi!" I cursed between each kick. "Instead you left them to those monsters! And now I'm stuck here! How am I supposed to know who to trust? How am I supposed to pick a side if I don't know who's really good or bad?" I then shouted, turning back on him as his jaw clenched.