43

"No! This is a trick!" Mercury roared bitterly as she pressed the trigger of her flamethrower.

"Mercury no!" Neptune yelled, but it was too late, Mercury unleashed a wave of scorching fire onto Titan. Instead of him catching flame though like the other droids had, he walked through the flame with ease and grabbed the barrel of it before starting to turn it towards Mercury.

"No! Don't hurt her!" Mars begged, throwing himself between Titan and Mercury, burning his arm. Before he could get injured further, Titan then grabbed him by the neck and dragged him to the middle of the room.

"We have lots to discuss Abigail, but before we can I need to take care of our distractions," He said, then pulling the Accu Freeze out of Mars' bag.

"Stop Jupiter! Leave him alone!" I screamed, feeling tears rush to my eyes as I lurched forward for my sledgehammer, but Neptune grabbed a hold of me before I could get to him.

"Don't Abigail, stay back!" She ordered, pushing me towards Gemma and Pluto as Titan popped off the cap of the Accu Freeze and used his thumb to force open Mars' mouth.

"I think this was a clever trick my friend, let's see how well it works," he said, as Mars struggled against him, but Titan easily overpowered him and began pouring the liquid down his throat.

"Unhand him you monster!" Mercury cried out, running towards him, but before she could get halfway, she stopped and gripped her chest.

"Mercury?" Neptune gasped, rushing towards her just as she collapsed on the ground with a whimper. Titan then let go of Mars and his eyes rolled back as he dropped on the ground just a little ways away from his sister.

"Oh, that's right, their system are connected. If one goes down, so does the other. How convenient." Titan grinned as he tossed the empty container aside. Feeling my knuckles grow white around the handle of my sledgehammer, I tried with all my might to fight back my tears. I wasn't going to let Titan see me cry. I wouldn't let him see the anger and hurt he just amplified. I had to stay strong, because if I gave into my terror, I wouldn't be able to protect Gemma, who was gripping my arm. "Now, as for you Neptune," He said, and she looked up at him as she gripped Mercury in her arms.

"After everything I've done for you, after all the battles we've fought together, this is how you repay my loyalty?" She asked, and Titan crouched down in front of her and grabbed her by the chin as I heard Pluto let out a shaky breath.

"I will never forget your loyalty and care towards me sweet Neptune. It's because of that I've decided to give you the quickest, least painful death." Neptune then pulled her chin out of Titan's grip.

"Bold of you to assume I'll go down quick," She said before whipping around quickly and the three of us gasped when we realized she was hold one of Mercury's grenades. "Get down!" She yelled, pulling the pin out of it with her teeth and throwing it at the door. Quickly the three of us hit the ground, with Pluto throwing himself on top of us to protect us as the grenade went off and blew the doors open. Once the smoke from the blast settled, we saw Neptune grab her sword and it lit up with its blue electric fury as she charged Titan with a battle cry.

"That's our cue, time to go!" Pluto shouted, as the three of us scrambled up and climbed our way over the debris of the destroyed doorway and ran out into the hall. When we did, we started for the way we came on, but when we saw we were brilliantly outnumbered by Titan's henchmen, we slid back the other way and went down a new hallway we hadn't been down before. "We need to get you out of here Abigail!" Pluto shouted above the sound of gunfire from behind us. Shaking my head, I let Gemma help me limp after him.

"No! We're not leaving without the rest of our family! We need to find a place to hide and come up with a new plan!" I decided, praying I wouldn't accidentally drop my sledgehammer.