38

Surprisingly, there wasn't any protest when I announced we were going to rescue my siblings. Instead, everyone began talking excitedly about the best way to get there and how to catch Titan by surprise. Obviously, there were multiple concerns thrown around the room but for the most part everyone was ready. They were ready to defend their first home. They were ready to save my family. They were ready to prove to the Minds that someone could defeat Titan. They were ready to get revenge for their fallen brothers and sisters. 

They were ready for war. 

I was ready for war.

 As Neptune drew a map of the lab, the twins worked on a battle plan, Henrie prepared an emergency kit of scattered supplies incase something went horribly wrong, Jupiter started outlining a way for us to get there without getting discovered and Pluto silently watched. As he did, I noticed him fiddling with something in his pocket and I assumed it was Venus' medallion. 

Perhaps, perhaps he was feeling hopeful to? 

At some point, I did go back to the room with Gemma and told her we knew where the others were, and her tears turned into a frown of determination as she joined in on planning. I could feel she had the same anger boiling in her veins that I did. She was angry, murderously angry. Titan wasn't going to stand a chance against us, because unlike the mad scientists he attacked that night, Gemma and I both had something to lose.

 In little time, we were packing up our supplies, ditching the cars and making our way on foot to the train yard. As we walked, Mercury carried Pluto on her back and Mars carried me on his. Neptune led the way with Gemma walking at her side and Henrie had perched himself sweetly on her shoulder. Surprisingly, Gemma wasn't afraid of him, she liked the charming piece of scrap metal and I didn't blame her for it. I did, however, still feel hostile towards Jupiter who was walking at the back of our determined group. Although he had helped planned our route, he had been quiet for some time now and seemed to be lost in thought. 

I didn't ask him what was on his mind though, I didn't care. 

After sometime walking, we finally reached the train yard and as soon our designated ride pulled up Mercury passed off Pluto to Neptune and broke the lock off a cargo car and helped us all into it before the train left the station. Once we were all inside, we each picked a corner to rest in and a silence settled across our group.

At first, I hadn't been able to rest because my mind was heavy with anticipation, but eventually I started to fall asleep. Before I could completely drift off though, I heard heavy feet on the ground. Blinking hard to clear my dark vision, I looked up to see Pluto was weakly leaning against the wall next to me. 

"What? You want to watch me sleep?" I asked, rubbing my eyes as I pushed myself up and away from Gemma so I wouldn't wake her up. 

"No, I just wanted to see if you could take the necklace back," He said, holding it out. 

"Wouldn't it be safer with you though?" Smiling sadly, Pluto slowly sat down. He then looked at the necklace as he turned it over again and again between his fingers. 

"I'm probably going to die down there Abigail." 

Instantly I doubled over as I grabbed his arm tight. "No. You're not! Why would you say something like that?" I asked harshly, trying to keep my voice quiet. 

"Because I'm the weakest one." He shrugged. "I'm not good in combat, I'm not well versed in knowledge, I can't find things; the only thing I'm programmed for is to be a caretaker." 

"Pluto—" 

He shook his head at me. "I couldn't protect Mac, I lost your family, I lost you and got captured on multiple occasions. The only way I'm not a danger to this mission is if I'm the one who stands in between you and Titan. If I allow Titan to kill me, it might give you and your family the opportunity you deserve to survive." He then opened my hand and put the necklace in it. "After you rescue your family, you need to make it your mission to find Venus. She's the only one who can truly stop him. The best we can do is subdue him," He said as I wrapped my trembling fingers around the medallion and slowly put it in my pocket.