CHAPTER-9

I scratched my head, sitting on my bed and gazing all around my room. There was just a white light in my memory from last night and some blur images of a dark shadowy figure when I tried to focus my head on how I ended up in my bed?

I was staring at the door while scanning my memories from the last night when a familiar face stepped inside my room breaking all my concentration with its usual beaming smile. "How are you dear?" Aunt Valerie asked, taking her shades off.

I was already perplexed with a question that how I ended up in my room and her abrupt arrival here wasn't helping my perplexity at all.

"You here?" I asked.

"What a warming welcome." She grumbled twitching her brow up. "Ya I'm here to see how you're doing and to update you about what's going outside this place."

"What's going outside this place?" I wondered thinking about my dad.

"A lot!" She replied, boring into my eyes like a hawk. "He stormed into my place and threatened me to reveal your location but me being me didn't give in to that man."

There was a proud look on her face.

"He's angry?" I gulped while all the scenarios of my dad's anger played in my mind.

He was a dangerous man with his anger. He never cared about anyone but him. His reputation, money and power were the things he could boast about.

"Angry is an understatement dear. He is boiling like a lava in his rage." She flopped on the bed to my side.

I could feel my limbs getting cold. "You know that you suck at comforting others."

"Sorry but that's the truth and one truth is that I'm always with you." She gave me a light sideways hug.

"That's comforting." I tried to smile at which I failed miserably. I couldn't smile thinking about my dad and his rage which was the horrendous combination.

"Oh! Now forget about that man." She said in her usual chirpy tone pulling me back from my daunting thoughts. "You know in place of Olivia there is a hot man in the house who is gonna take care of you until Olivia returns." She gave me a mischievous nudge. "So now calm down and I have to go now. Love you dear."

"So soon?" I asked.

"Ya, this place was in a way to the place where I have some important meeting to attend." She winked while turning on her heels and loping towards the door.

"Bye, take care." I hurriedly said as she made her way to outside the door.

She stopped and looked to me over her shoulder with a maternal smile and that moment she reminded me of mom, there was a reflection of my mom in her after all they were sisters. "You too." With that she walked away.

I sighed. "Mom," A pang of emotions flooded my heart. "I miss you."

Wrenching my drowning spirits away from sadness I slipped of the bed.

Ow! There was a light stinging on my ankle. My eyes shot to it to find it gauzed up. My eyes widened as the events of last night started to flood my thoughts.

He was real, he attacked me and...an angel saved me.

Someone in place of Olivia was here, it was that Demon!

He was still here!

My face turned pale and reflexive senses in me kicked in action as I forgetting about my injured ankle made a sprint outside my room to the main door.

My fear urged me to get myself out of here. He was dangerous and I knew for sure that he had no good intention towards me.

His face with that diabolical smirk kept on flashing in my mind as I descended the stairs in a hasty pace. My breathing was uneven a little due to running but more due to fear, a fear that he settled in me.

Reaching to the door, I pulled it open and my step was in middle of being crossing the threshold when a hand snaked around my waist pushing me back as my breathing hitched.

The door shut close with a bang on its own, shattering all my hopes of escaping my doom.

I was a goner now!

A tear escaped my eye. Why it was happening to me?! It was so unfair!

Fear with tinge of an anger rushed through my blood. I flailed my hands and legs in efforts of freeing myself from the hand seizing my movements.

"Let me go!" I cried as I violently flailed my hands.

"Aurora!" My name was called with a softness but it didn't stop my violent movements. It was nothing but a deception. His angelic face in contrast to his deeds was just an another example to never put your trust in him.

"No! Just let me go!" As I said those words. I was whirled around and was pushed to the the closed door. My hands were jerked above my head and were seized by a very strong hands. A body pressed to mine to block any further movements and grasp on my chin jerked my face up to be greeted by a melting gaze of brown orbs. My tears stopped and all fear vanished as I realized it was him. "Reuben!"

"Yes, it's me." His minty breath fanned my cheeks due to the proximity of our bodies and this was enough for my heart to start thumping wildly. It was strange yet refreshing.

I stared inside those eyes of him trying to deciphering the enchantment they held at the same time feeling my stomach twisting with foreign yet pleasant sensations. His grip on my hands above my head loosened and his thumb grazed my cheek wiping the tears from before and freeing me completely he stepped back.

I didn't know why but suddenly a string of loneliness passed through my heart and it took all inside me to stop that glum look from displaying on my face.

"What are you doing here?" I tried it to sound as polite as it could.

"To take care of you." He said in an obvious tone giving me one of his dazzling smile.

"But...last time..." I was a bit confused by his answer.

"Last time it was him as he's capable of altering the realities by creating illusions." He explained. "But now its me whose gonna take care of you."

As he completed his words something fluttered inside my stomach and unable to bear the gaze of his handsome face I averted my face.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Please vote, comment & share.