CHAPTER-58

My eyes trained on him in fear, looking at his leisure manner.
He was standing, leaning on the wall with his arms crossed across his chest.

Silver of his eyes was gleaming with a meaningful look, a begrudging smile spread across his lips. At this moment, he very much reminded me of him, not only in his appealing appearance, but in his calm before storm demeanor.

"Gavin...It is all your doing, isn't it?" I asked, regaining my wits.

"Does this seem any other way around?" He pushed himself off the wall and took steps in my direction in his lithe grace, his lips curled in a pleased smirk.

"You are doing that on dad's orders, right?" I asked, my voice taking a furious note.

"I don't take orders from anyone...I do everything on my own will."

"To control my life is your will?"

"My will is something else, a way deeper than your ungrateful self could ever understand!" He snapped.

I flinched.

"Do you have any idea, Aurora, how much of trouble you caused?" His voice regained his detached tone as his sliver eyes bored into me.

I felt myself shrinking under his harsh scrutiny despite trying to come out as brave. "I don't care."

"Yes, why would you?" His glaring eyed shifted to the Oliver. "It seemed you have someone else to care about."

I clenched my fist. "Don't drag him into this."

"So much love, little sis," he sneered.

"Gavin, please let both of us go. I don't want anything to do with what dad wants." I implored.

"But you have to," his eyes shimmered, challenging me to oppose him.

I felt a sudden rush of anger erupted in me as my nails dug into the soft flesh of my palm. "I don't have to do anything. It's my life. I will do as I please. I don't want to marry Trevor. Why are you going so far with this? Are you both that hungry for the money?"

Muscles of his jaw flexed as he looked at me with pure aggravation clear in his eyes. "Don't you dare speaking a word now!"

"Why I have to be quiet and let myself be subjected to your every unfair decisions?" I looked him straight in the eyes, letting the disgust etched into my features.

"What you know?" He whispered harshly, and for the fraction of second I thought that I saw an emotion equivalent to hurt on his face, but it was gone the moment it appeared, replaced by his ruthlessness, making me unsure of whether it was what I saw. "You have two options now. Come willingly or I can make you come with me over his dead body."

"Don't you dare!"

He gestured his fingers at the corner of the room from where appeared a bulky man in black suit.

I remembered him. It was one of the man dad sent after me. He had his face void of any emotion as he like docile dog walked behind the arm chair and from above pointed a gun at Oliver's temple.

My heart dropped, my body was thrown into a full blown swivet.

"Why are you doing this?" I tried to move towards the man, but Gavin grabbed me by wrist and pushed me back with him.

"Choose, Aurora. Wanna come willingly or..." His eyes trailed to the gun pointed at the Oliver.

"Please, Gavin, Don't make me choose. I don't wanna come." Tears flooded down my cheeks as I begged.