CHAPTER-73

Reuben's POV-:

It was strange how the life turned out to be, opposite from what it had been.

Every dream I envisioned had her and now those dreams were nothing just shallow longings without a meaning.

My heart felt heavy like a weight of boulder was crushing upon it.

Feelings were sin to us angels. Now I got what it truly meant. Why these feelings were the forbidden desires. Why angels should never feel.

I broke the rule. I felt. I loved.

Now I couldn't let her be the price of my sins.

"Sir," my eyes flickered at the front to the seat to the steering. Ralph was looking at me through the reflection of the rearview mirror. I frowned. "We have reached."

I gazed out the window to find the car stopped. Oliver was already out of his seat, walking toward the house.

I pushed the door open, but stopped glancing at the seat beside Ralph. A small huddled figure was sleeping peacefully, welling an enviousness in me.

Children...so carefree.

"Make sure she gets everything she needs."

Ralph nodded as I turned and walked off from there. My steps felt heavy. Like I was being restrained. I knew Aurora must have been waiting for me. But I hadn't had a heart to face her. Not now.

I raked my hand through my hairs letting out a heavy breath of air. What was I doing? I couldn't let my mind waver. I had priorities. And my topmost priorities were to keep Aurora safe and end her torment.

After all... I do love her.

Charlie wouldn't have been expecting us so early. It was still night. But the task had been done, earlier than anticipated. Now the end to this demon obsession would begin.

I saw Oliver at the doorstep. Door was pulled open and I saw a redheaded girl in the view. She was one of those kid Charlie had adopted.

I could see an unexpectedness in her eyes as she stared at Oliver in... I frowned... shock?

My steps hurried on their own. Reaching behind Oliver, her eyes flickered to me. She immediately averted them away while her fingers clenching around the door knob tightened. She stood aside giving us a way inside.

Oliver walked in straight inside without a single glance her way. But I couldn't help myself from suspecting that something wasn't right.

The way she was looking everywhere but me, the crinkles on her brow, and her fidgety demeanor. There was something.

I walked inside the house. And my nerves stiffened. There was a slight pinch of malice of darkness in the air was prickling the insides of my skin. It was strong like a source was nearby.

I shrug it off and walked inside the sitting area, but stopped at its entrance, feeling the air thick with tension.

My eyes shifted from Charlie who sat on the couch with a despairing look, then to Aaron who stood, leaning on the wall by the couch. His hands crossed against his chest while his face was stoic of any emotion. Oliver was assessing them both with a worried look.

My eyes tore away from them, and I impatiently searched for her. She was nowhere to be seen around in this room while the all of them were present here.

My heart dropped. "Where's she?" my words came out urgent as if a second longer without her I couldn't breathe.

I saw Charlie visibly stiffened while Aaron's eyes shot to him.