CHAPTER-72

Irene or Ives. The cover had been blown.

But not the hatred. It was still in his heart burning like a vicious poison.

Ives sat, immobile by the pain Charlie's stroke had inflicted on him physically, at the floor staring in the direction of the door through which the Charlie had walked out, mulling over the words he spoke with profound sadness.

"You tried to kill your own child. But I can't be like you. I can't bring myself to end the very life I gave birth to, Ives."

His face remained impassive of any emotion, but he couldn't hide from the storm they were rampaging inside him.

There was look of sadness, an ultimate grief he saw in his father's eyes. It wasn't like it bothered him. It never did. He never even considered him his father. But they triggered those painful ordeals of the past he beared.

It included of him sitting by her mother on the floor who laid limped under the pool of scarlet oozing through her.

He was not old enough to understand it wasn't worth it anymore as he feebly was trying to shake her awake. But he wasn't young enough either to not know that something was wrong with her. So wrong that she wouldn't be waking up, not in this life which had been ended brutally for her. Those deep forest shade of eyes looked faded of its jadedness like the essence of her was drained out.

A hand wrapped around his shoulder in console, he looked back, Charlie was by his side, looking at her wife and his mother. Most grieving look scintillated in his eyes. The same look he had today when he said those words.

He let in a deep, painful breath as his heart was squeezed by pangs of twinging memories. The void her mother left was taken by hatred. It was all his fault. That miserable excuse in the name of father.

His poisonous hatred consumed him, leading to his darkness. He wanted power. He hungered for obedience and fear that exuded from him. It all made him feel alive until her.

She stepped into his life and lightened his darkness away. He was learning to walk into the path of the light when a little bundle of joy blessed their lives.

Blessed... He snorted. It was a misconception he had that time. She was the bundle of grief, a curse which drove the women he had ever loved apart from him.

He never regretted trading that bundle of curse, her own daughter to that demon or almost coming closer to killing her. What he regretted was to not succeeding in these attempts.

Her luck was a strong force which always seemed to repel the fate she deserved.

He was just a stab away from killing her before Charlie barged in and saved her. But he was frozen in his stance. He wanted to kill her, but at the same time, memories of the past were nagging at the back of his head.

Maybe the fact that she resembled a lot like her mother restrained him a little longer. Those same golden brown locks and features dripping a beautiful innocence.

His palm balled into a fist.

He had been looking over her for months. In a search of a moment so he could carry on with his plan. It was the reason that he was somehow always there when she was in need of saving, winning her trust. But his plan was ruined.

Sylvia... A painful sigh left past his lips. He was almost closer to be reunited with her again by ending the curse they both gave birth to.

He gritted his teeth, his insides burning in ferocity. It isn't over... It isn't.

The moment the affect of this magic immobilizing him wore off he would-

"Ives..." his train of malicious thought was broken by a breathy voice.