CHAPTER-47

This beautiful cover for the book is made by DolmaRajkhowa.
Thank you so much.
----------------------------------------------------
Reuben's POV-:

The moment she didn't reply on the door, my chest lurched with the sinking feeling. I knew something wasn't right.

And now, here she stood over the narrow window sill, nothing was making sense to her.

My insides were frantic as I felt the blood drawing from my face.

"Aurora, please don't do this." Oliver implored, his eyes flitting to me, sending me a silent message to carry on from here.

Aurora's eyes shifted to me as if she knew something was up. Her eyes remained fixated at me, which was the perfect time to talk to her, to pursue her.

For the first time, vulnerability of the situation stung me. I was desperate to do anything, just to save her. I couldn't imagine losing her. I just couldn't bear losing her.

"Aurora, get down, please." I spoke, looking straight into her forest green eyes looking at me with distant look. "I don't want to lose you." I just couldn't lose you, desperation seeped in my words. "Don't do this, please."

She gazed at me as if she was caught in my words. I more than anything wanted to make her believe these words. These words were nothing but truth. I don't want to lose her.

For a fraction of second, believe shimmered in her eyes, but it was gone, replaced by hurt that sent the sharp twinge through my heart. She looked at me with many questions that I couldn't read at the moment, but I knew answers hurt her.

"Your words are making me so happy, Reuben. They meant the world to me."
A tear escaped her eye as she smiled at me with the earnest radiancy. I felt relieved, but for a moment something inside me pricked, ignoring it I forced a smile towards her, taking slow steps in her direction. "But I wish I could believe them." The moment the words left her mouth, she took a step back, back of her legs hit the baluster, making her lose the balance, her body started falling back.

As what happening comprehended through my brain, I rushed towards her in panic. "No!"

"Aurora!" The same moment Oliver yelled as he lunged over the window seat towards her.

Just in the nick of time he got hold of her wrist.

I had forgotten that he was in the room, too, that all the while I was talking to her, averting her attention, he was moving closer to her.

He pulled her towards him, she landed in his arms as he fell back on the window seat.

"Let me go!" Aurora shrieked. Oliver held her in his arms, seizing her moments. "I want to go to him."

He gasped as I looked at her in perplexity. "She reeks of darkness."

Her eyes, they held nothing but the crazed look, and the way she was screaming and struggling as if her body was possessed. She surely reeked of darkness.

She was screaming, and in an attempt to get free, her hand shot near Oliver's neck where she scratched with all her might, drawing out blood.

Oliver hissed in pain at freshly formed deep scratch on the skin near his neck.

This wasn't her, Aurora was never capable of doing it.

I held her flailing hand while from other hand I craned the back of her neck, forcing her to look at me.