CHAPTER-77

I sat by his lifeless body, crying for the person who my father showed me through the act of selflessness.

I was caught by the emotions of what to feel or what to not.

In the past, he had sacrificed me and now he had sacrificed him for me.

Even though the initial hate was there, I couldn't bring myself to hate him now, after what he did.

Charlie looked at the dagger dropped aside by his son, drenched in his blood. "We have to stake it through Erebus. We can't let it go in vain."

I nodded, picking the dagger in my hand as I wiped my tears away.

A sinistrous laughter boomed. Our eyes shooting across us. Erebus stood there, a delight melted on his face.

My fists clenched.

"Look who's dead. Ives Quireon. The black wizard who thought that just killing himself would be enough to end me." Erebus taunted.

My eyes glared at him.

A fascination gleamed his eyes. "Being rebellious, my Aurora. How gullible."

My eyes lowered. "I give up."

"Aurora?" Charlie sounded taken aback by my words.

But I chose to not give a respond to him

"Please, let him go unharmed from here,"  I glanced at Charlie who was perplexed by my action. "I don't want to run away anymore. I don't want anymore lives taken."

I stood up as I slowly walked towards him. "I surrender, Erebus."

"Aurora, no, don't!" Charlie protested.

My heart walloped as those honey colored irises fixed at me, concealed of any emotion.

I stopped at proximate distance, meeting his eyes. A relishing smile spreading on his lips.

He held his finger to my collarbone, slowly tracing it down to my shoulder to my arm,"My sweet Aurora," my heartbeat quickened. And at last his finger trailed down to my wrist, seizing it in his snake like grip. "Do you think I would fall your human tricks?" he jerked my hand up which had the dagger clutched tightly in it. 

My heart sank. He saw right through it. He knew what I was about to pull.

He squeezed my wrist hard, a sharp twinge coursed through my entire hand making me whimper. My fingers loosened around the dagger. It fell.

No!

Erebus pulled me to him, his body flushed with mine. His hand snaking around my waist. "There's no escape from me, my Aurora. No escape. You are mine and mine alone. It's the ultimate truth."

I lost. Even after being the reason of my father's sacrifice, I lost. It was all worthless. I was worthless for everyone's struggle, for everyone's life. My existence casted this omen at everyone's happy life. I should've been dead the day I was born. But I survived and they didn't. The saddening irony.

"That's what you think, demon!" my ears perked up at the cockiness of the voice echoing off the wall.

For an instant, my world stopped. The voice kept on replaying in my ears.

My eyes tearing, evoking the exciting tremors to build in my body.

I saw Erebus' eyes starting to dissolve into pit of blackness. "You!" he growled.

An emblem he was enraged.

He wrenched me away, pushing me to the side, my body falling over the cold marble floor.

I moaned in pain.

"You died!" Erebus roared.

My head whirled at the person desperately. His eyes flickered to me, blinked at me in assurance.

I teared up. He survived. Oliver... Tears drenched my cheeks as my eyes remained trained at him in elation I felt for his survival.

"I survived!" Oliver said with a jesting smirk.

An animalistic roar escaped Erebus. "You won't survive again!"

A black swirling light gushed out of his body and aimed for Oliver.

My stomach dropped. Not again. He couldn't kill him. No. Not again!

Oliver's held out his palm, a blue surge of energy came from his behind, collapsing at the center with black gush of energy Erebus summoned

My heart was stopped as I intently stared at it.

That black gush of energy was wounding around the blue ray of light Oliver conjured, quickly diminishing it, reaching towards him while he struggled his hardest to keep up with that demon, to not lose this time. He was trying but it was overpowering. His feet were skidding back. It nearly reached him... No, no, no!

"Oliver!" I shrieked. 

A resplendent light blinded our vision, a sound of collision reverberated.

A warm rush of energy deluged the air as my arm shielded over my face.

As the light dimmed, I tried to focus my vision around.

Oliver stood, his arms shielded against his face as he stood trying to look through the light around.

As the light started vanishing, I saw the gigantic wings made of glowing light in my view over the... My hands came over my mouth at what I saw...

Millions of emotion swarmed my heart while this all felt surreal.

Reuben stood there, his hand clutching the dagger...It was plunged into Erebus' back.

Erebus eyes were widened as Reuben stepped back.

His features contorted into rage. "This isn't over!" his eyes flitted to me, and I could find the dread clawing its way back up to me. "You can't be saved from me, Aurora!  You are mine!" black smoke started to vapor out of  his body while his form started to fade into the air.  "I'll always watch you! Remember that! I won't rest till you're mine and mine alone!##"  the words sounded distant as his form completely vanished. And the dagger that was impaled in him was now dug inside the spot on the floor where he stood.

His words had shook me to my core, as I stared at the air where his existence disappeared in horror.

Reuben came before my vision, wings adorned at his back were now fading, dissolving into small fragments of light. A soft smile etched onto his face and looking into those warn brown orbs eased my heart out, forgetting me off the horror I felt few seconds ago while the butterflies in my stomach tickled me, sending a warm sensation through my body. 

A smile graced my lips while tears of joy filled my eyes. I lunged towards Reuben, wrapping my hands around his neck. His hand wounding around catching me in an embrace.

It's over... It finally has over...

---------------------------------------------------

I'll write one more chapter. I don't want it to end. I want to extend it to one more chapter. Though I could've added the end of the story in this chapter. But be happy that I finally ended this demon obsession here. 

You'll see the result of all your ship throughout the entire journey of this demon obsession in tomorrow's or day after tomorrow's update.

Please guys let me know your views. So comment what you think. Do you like it.

And next chapter will blow your minds off. Because end has something that you haven't expected it to be like.

Merry Christmas!

Please vote, comment, and share.