CHAPTER-33

My screams reverberating in the desolated alleyway, that maniac boy was over me, his hands on either side of my head and his legs folded on either side of my legs. He had me caged to the ground.

"He'll have you soon, he'll have you soon, he'll have you soon..." An otherworldly crazy smirk was on his lips as he kept on chanting the words that were like a poison to my ears.

It was tearing me apart. "No, no, no! He'll not have me!" I shouted over his chant and tried to push him away but he didn't budge from his stance.

"He'll have you..." His hand crawled around my neck.

My breath hitched!

He felt for the necklace piece of the pendant. I couldn't let this happen. It kept Erebus away. I couldn't let this happen. I couldn't!

I knew there weren't any chances of mine when it came to overpower him but still wishing desperately for a miracle, with all my might my hands moved to push at his shoulders.

He was off me...slammed quite a distance away on the other side of me.

How? My hands didn't even make contact to his shoulders.

A shadow casted over me. "Aurora!" I propped on my elbows to find,
Oliver standing near my feet, his eyes blazing.

He immediately crouched to me and supported my laying form to sit.

My breaths were coming out in short pants as I flung my arms around his neck in relief. My face buried in his chest. His hand came to my back, stroking me while I sobbed.

"I can't take it anymore. He is everywhere, Oliver. Everywhere!" My vulnerability overwhelmed me, inducing more sobs to rake my body.

"He'll have you!" The fear wasn't even dissipated completely when listening to that same chant it came rushing back with full force.

I turned my head to look at what I didn't want to.

That boy supporting himself up was making its way back to me. Insanity flooded his features.

I shrank back as possible as it was for me that my body was glued to Oliver in desperation for the safety.

Oliver put his palm out. "Áspro!" The moment the words left his mouth a resplendent light egressed through his palm and hit the boy, flying him back.

My eyes riveted to the sight. What was it? I turned to look at Oliver in consternation that was sparked by my awe. His face was hardened in anger as he glowered at the boy on the ground.

Did he do magic?

Conjuring the light out of the thin air that could hit the person was nothing that science could explain. And the sudden wave of energy that the act radiated had the goosebumps broke all over my skin. He did magic. It was the first time I had seen him doing it. I could feel it.

***

"Charlie something has to explain it?" Oliver said, frustration evident in his voice as he paced back and froth in front of couch where Charlie and I were settled. He was examining the ornament of the pendent around my neck.

"Hm.." He twirled the ornament in between his finger as his eyes with an intense focus was looking at it. He then fisted the ornament in his hand and closed his eyes.

I looked at Oliver who was stopped in his track, watching Charlie with a full focus.

Charlie inhaled sharply as his eyes fluttered open. His eyes flickered at me, holding something mysterious.