CHAPTER-18

Above video is the trailer of my book Demon Obsession by aishafanfiction
-----------------------------------------------------------
I gave door a slight push, for it to reveal nothing just darkness. I carefully put my feet on first step of the stair that was visible from the little light from the hallway and leant to my side baluster to feel the switch on the wall.

But before I could find the switch fingers curled around my arm wrenching me from my position on the step I was standing at, startling me.

My heart jumped at the abruptness

"What are you doing here at this hour of night?" Reuben asked as he shut the door of stairs leading down to basement behind me.

I let out a huge breath, relaxing at spotting him. "Nothing, just exploring this mansion." I spoke the first thing came in my defense which came out to be the lamest lie ever.

A light smile appeared on his face. "Do your exploring in the morning. Nights aren't meant for the pure beings to explore."

A ghost of a smile appeared on my lips, while my eyes flickered to him. "What were you doing?" I asked.

"Checking on you." He shrugged.

I faintly nodded. That meant I couldn't step out of the house without getting past him.

"Now go back to bed." He motioned his eyes to the stairs.

I again nodded and reluctantly started walking back to the stairs to my room.

While I was half way through the way, "Help please." Again that sorrowful whisper tingled my ear, stiffening up my body.

Who is this?

I glanced over my shoulder and saw Reuben intensely staring in the direction where basement door was.

Does he know what's down there?

With my each step away from here was making my body feel heavier as if I was climbing a mountain. I was feeling a very strong pull to my back. It was welling the anxiety in me. It was becoming a need to go and find the source of such a strong energy but Reuben was still standing near the basement. I couldn't go, not now. Even during day it would be difficult. Reuben always kept me under his close watch and more, after that last horrifying incident.

Reaching my room, I slammed the door shut. The anxiety in me was reaching its peak and I let out groan if frustration while pacing back and froth.

Why I'm feeling so restless.

I would wait another hour for Reuben to sleep then I could sneak out of my room to the basement.

I got in my bed and started waiting for time to pass but it seemed that the clock was teasing me as whenever my eyes fell on the minute hand, it remained same on its spot, not moving an inch. Even the time wasn't on my side.

As I waited restlessly for the time to pass, my eyelids started to grow heavy, very heavy for them to take on their weight that they dropped close, sweeping me away in the restless sleep.

My eyes flickered open with shiver running down my spine as the gust of wind scraped over my skin, sending the piercing chills all over my skin.

I rubbed arms, feeling chills and my eyes darted accusingly to the window only to be flinched back with my heart again grabbing the wild speed to beat.

I was seeing guy wearing white shirt and blue jeans, staring out of my room's window at the glowing moon.

A scream was making its way out of my throat at the sight of the intruder in my room but no there was no voice in that scream to be heard by any. I just felt the scratchy throat.

The guy slowly turned to me. His skin was as pale as the white paper He had beautiful pair of hazel eye that had so much of sorrow that confronting them squeezed my heart with pang of pitiful emotions and I surprisingly didn't cower back in fear of him being an intruder.

"Help please." He said and another gust of wheezing wind made its way through the open window assaulting my skin and with the motion of the wind his form started to dissolve in the air, right before my very eyes, vanishing the trace of his existence in seconds, making me gasp in horror.

My eyes shot open, continuing my gasp of horror from the eerie dream I saw. My palm immediately darted to my heart to ease the shock it experienced but when I saw before me the shock reached to its new level that made my jaw dropped to the floor in dread. I was standing right in front of the basement door.

How does that happen? Did I sleep walk?

How could this be possible. I fell asleep in my bed then why the hell I was waking up standing before the basement door.

It creaked open and that immense energy from here started to waft in the air around me in waves, putting a compelling pull over my body towards it.

Without a second thought, I pushed the door open and as I settled my first step on the stair, the light of the basement flicked open on its own, startling me, making swung back to the door which shut with a light thud, again this happened on its own. My heart dropped to my stomach where already the knots of dread were forming.

What have I gotten myself into?

-----------------------------------------------------------
I would like to thank aishafanfiction for such an amazing trailer. Thank you so much

Even I wonder what is inside the basement and now what is going to happen to Aurora? Any guesses?

Well, you all guys can always comment your guesses.

Please vote, comment and share.