CHAPTER-32

Shuffling noise echoed, penetrating the quiet atmosphere, the guy over me grip loosened on my pendant, and he turned looking over his shoulder.

"What the..." I heard him murmur. He let go of my hands and slid out of the car. I immediately scrambled up, hugging my quivering self, coiling as far as possible in this seat. Through my teared eyes, I saw his back blocking my only exit from this car. Even the door to my side couldn't open as the car was parked by the wall.

"What's happening?!" He yelled, aggravation clear in his voice.

My eyes were focused. Confounded over his sudden aggravation.

He put a step forward, but then precipitately, he was snatched to his side by a gust of wind. That's what it seemed to me. My heart coming to my throat. It was so fast that he didn't even get the time to shout.

Through the back window I saw his back pressed against it, and big stature was towering over him, hurling a deadly punches over his face, that I could hear the sound of scrunching of flesh. The sight had me frozen to my place. And an involuntary scream erupted through me.

The punches finally came to a halt, and the guy being punched fell on the ground.

I saw the shadow of that man rounding its way to my side.

My eyes closed, they were too terrified to witness the person. "Reuben!" I squeaked the only name that came to my mind.

"Are you okay?" A gentle voice asked, opposite to what I had expected.

My eyes slowly peeked open to find a man bent to the open car door. His deep enigmatic blue eyes just like the blueness of middle of ocean that were little more deep than Charlie, but were the same shade of blue were fixed on me in concern.

I wasn't okay but my throat was choked from continuous tears that I couldn't speak, so I just scrutinized him with fear filling my eyes.

His lips quirked up in a sympathetic smile, while he offered his hand in my direction. I flinched at his move.

His hand stopped in middle. "I promise that I mean no harm."

There was an earnestness in his words, but some tiny part of me was stirring in warning. No, I couldn't refuse the one who was offering me help in my vulnerable state, so I cautiously took his hand and he helped me out of the car.

I stood before him, the lights illuminating the streets fell over his face, giving me the look of his entire self.

Even in my current state, I couldn't help myself from gawking at his breathtaking beauty. Every features carved in his face were in the perfect symmetry. His slick brown hairs were tousled, night breeze blowing was whipping them back. His stature wasn't very leaned but wasn't very bulky as well. It was balance as it should be for a man. He didn't look very young. He could be in his late thirties.

"What's your name?" He asked.

I opened my mouth to speak but it was cut by a frantic voice. "Aurora!"

My head whirled to the side to find Aaron running towards me.

"Aurora!" He reached near me panting my name. "I told you not to step out of car and here you are."

My nerves at last loosened.

I wanted to say something in my defense but he again beat me to it. "Why were you roaming the streets on your own. Do you know how worried I was. Oliver would have killed me with his bare hands for this. You shouldn-"

"She was here being assaulted by these boys." The man who was quiet till now interjected in a tranquil tone, his eyes motioning all around, and then I noticed the other two guys from before on the ground.