CHAPTER-66

Reuben's POV-:

An adrenaline was rushing in my body as I walked out of elevator on the roof top of one of the building owned by me. It had an helipad where rested my helicopter.

It had been months I didn't use it. But it still was as good as new with polished black shining on its body. It was Sikorsky S92 and highly equipped to help in directions at night sky, the major reason I chose to fly.

Crescent Island had three private island near it. All at a certain distance away. One of them I bought recently for today. I would land there and from there I would use a motor boat to go over my destination to the crescent island. It was evening, and I was sure over the past observation that island would emerge when the night would take over and the full moon hung brightly in the sky. Dark wizards would be there, performing dark ritual sacrificing the innocent lives of wizards they had trapped by luring them into their night parties. We had to blend in during there dark rituals to find that dagger.

"We are riding in this?" I glanced at Oliver whose eyes were narrowed with confusion.

"Yes," With this I walked ahead of him towards Ralph who stood beside helicopter, holding its door for me open.

"All external checks have been made sure." He spoke, stretching out a folder to me. "These are your flight plans."

"I'm not gonna be here till the next morning. So keeping Aurora safe is your priority now." I told sternly, my eyes boring at him, expecting a full compliance. "No matter how stubborn this time she gets. Even if you have to lock her up to ensure her safety, do that without a single thought." A small hesitance crossed on his face. "That's an order." I added.

All the hesitance faded away as he nodded, sincerity rolling off from him. "Yes, sir."

I gave him a curt look before stepping inside onto my seat. The door was shut as I buckled the straps of harness over me and secured the headsets over my ears.

The door to the seat beside me was opened and Oliver scooted inside. He still had those narrowed eyes when he looked over me with unsureness. "You're gonna fly this?"

"Buckle yourself," I said not even sparing him a look and motioning my eyes at the other set of headsets. "And put these on."

He just rolled his eyes, and for once without a retorting remark, he complied to what I asked.

I checked the gauges, flicked on the buttons on the panels before clasping throttle.

"LAX clearance, this is Alfa Echo Sierra- Sierra Golf Foxtort. Cleared for take off. Please confirm, over." I spoke to Air traffic controller, and waited for their reply.

"Alfa Echo- you're clear." As the words were reached through the headphones, my clutch on throttle tightened and slowly yet smoothly we ascended into the air.

***

My boots sank in the sand as I walked over the shore. The Mediterranean Sea looked unusually restless today with surfs of violent waves rising, slapping at the sand over the shore.
My eyes lifted up. Gazillion stars blinked the violet sky as the full moon shone brightly. Even if the sky was adorned perfectly with every beautiful element, there was nothing appealing about it. A dark sinister vibe was emanating through the air.  Perhaps, the nature was cognizant of insensate act going to be performed over the innocents by those dark beings.

It boiled my blood that these same dark beings wanted Aurora, wanted to offer her to their Lord Erebus...I scoffed. There nothing is a lord like to him.

I would never let that wretched demon have her. She was not just an Orion to me, she was the one I loved, and I would always love.

Aurora... Last night memory flooded my mind and a smile crossed my lips. Touch of her soft skin was still fresh on my body when she clung to me, held onto me, writhing under me. No one was capable of making me feel what she had. The way her doe like eyes gazed at me, the way that rosy blush spread across her cheeks, the way her soft voice melted in my ear, always had this untamable urge ripping through me to make her mine, and mine alone.