Ch.15

Catherine's POV

I wake up to Robbie starring at me.

He smiled. I hid my face in the pillow.

"Hey!" he cups me face and forces me to look at me.

He gives me the look. I really do love it when he does that. Then all of a sudden he frowns and gets really closed off.

He gets out of bed and says "I'll be right back."

He didn't even look back.

Robbie's POV

I watched Catherine sleep for a while. When she woke up she tried to hide but I stopped her.

I looked into her eyes. This was legit a perfect moment.

All of sudden a wave of regret and pain flew over me.

What was I doing. I think I am falling in love with her.

Ever since i kissed her. Its all I think about. Everytime I look at her I want to push her up against the wall and kiss her.

I want to be with her so bad.

I couldn't deal with it. I hate wanting something I can't have. I stood up and walked out. It was just painful having her be so close, in my arms, but I still couldn't have her.

I splashed some cold water on my face and looked in the mirror. I walk back in the room.

"Did I do something wrong?" she asked sitting up. Her hair was messed up and she was clutching the blanket. Shes so cute when shes nervous.

"No, lov your perfect."

"It wasn't because of you know" she raised her eyebrows.

"Cat, I'm not some frat boy who gets turned on every two seconds!" I give her a look.

She giggled like crazy. I jumped on top of her and tickled her.

She flips me around and is straddling me. She moves her hair behind her ear.

I put my hand on her cheek than stroke her hair. We're both looking into each others eyes then Cat wanting to be friends of course breaks away.

She's giggling and starts jumping on the bed. I get up and join her.

Something I can always count on when shes around- having fun.

Then camilla walked in. We stop jumping and I sat down while Catherine kept standing.

My sister smiled and said

"You two are cute."

God, is it her mission in life to embarrass me in front of Catherine.

"Get dressed its almost noon. And if you want breakfast your gonna have to make it yourself, I'm going out." She gave us a an amused smile.

She walks out. I look up at Cat. Shes blushing like crazy. For some reason that gave me a wierd feeling in the pit of my stomache.

I grab her leg and pull down next to me. I get on top of her.

"Apparently were 'cute'" i smile at her.

She blushes again, there is that feeling again.

"We're friends Robbie" she says trying to get up but I hold her down.

Looking at her I so wanted to kiss her but I knew I couldn't. Once again what hurts the most is being so close.

I did what most boys my age would do- i pushed her off the bed.

"You did not just do that!" Catherine said rubbing her arm.

"Are you ok?!" i hope I didn't hurt her.

"I'm fine, you jerk!" She gave me a pouty look.

"Sorry, but your the one who wants us to be just friends." I give her a look.

"I had it stop myself from kissing you." I told her honestly.

She looked away. She knows exactly how I feel about her but she doesn't want to risk things.

Ok I am the one who told her no in the first place but now... I didn't realize how hard this would be just being friends, thats why I didn't want to bother at first.

"Hey, hey, I'm sorry." I go sit down next to her on the ground.

"I know" i whisper, pulling a string of hair out of her face.

"Thankyou."

"For what?" I ask her.

"For being so understanding and well..." She looks down at the ground.

"Tell me." I urge her to go on

"Your helping me remember who I want to be. I'm myself around you and thats the only person I should be. I like that person." She smiled

"Me too." I smile back at her. I grab her hands and interlock out fingers.

"Please, Robbie. Friends just friends."

She pleaded with thise big blue eues.

"Anything lov." I stand up.

"Seriously!" She whined

"You know, I know thats not possible." I smiled saying the obvious

"We're like snow and prince charming, no matter what We do we will find each other." I couldn't help it.

"Robbie, I have someone its about time you go out and find someone too." She gave me a weak smile.

Ok at first it was just funny but now... Is she really telling me to move on?

"You mean your masquerade party dude?" I ask starting to get pissed off.

She took a deep breathe "Robbie, I never want to stop hanging out with you. You make me a better person."

That feeling in my stomache came back. "But listen, I don't want to hold you back. If you want to go out and find a nice pretty girl to date, I mean don't let me stop you." She held up her arms

I pull her off the ground and grab her hips. "I don't want anyone else."

She rolled her eyes and pushed me away.

"I am not going to hold you back. Seriously Robbie, go have fun." She comes up and hugs me.

"Call me later we can do something."

She grabbed her clothes and ran out.

What just happened?