Ch.18

Catherine's POV

"I found him"

"Who?"

"My mystery man."

I had never see that expression. I couldn't tell if he was happy or sad or mad or anything. It wasn't like his expression went blank because i know that one all to well. This look he made, it was nothing I had ever seem before.

Robbie's POV

"My mystery man"

What the fuck. Excuse my language but what?

What does she mean she found him. I am him. Does she know its me? Is she upset? Oh shit wait what is going on?!

"You're not going to believe who it is. Its... Well it was Joey the night of the masquerade ball." She gave me a little smile.

I stood up from the swing. My world was spinning.

"You're not happy that I found him." She looked down at the ground.

"Are you sure its him?" I say sounding alot angrier than i wanted to.

"Did he tell you it was him?"

"Well not in so many words but ya he did."

I started pacing and i put my hands on my head.

"Why are you getting so upset about this? I have been telling you how badly i want to meet this guy and you've been fine with it." She looks devasted by my reaction.

The only reason I told her it was ok to talk about her mystery man with me is because well... HE IS ME!

I never expected her to go out find him. And its not even him. I'm him.

"Your evil ex-boyfriend Joey is the one you have been calling your soulmate for the past couple weeks." I can't even deal with how messed up this is.

"I know, I was shocked too at first but now it makes perfect sense. I came back into town and I am the old me, the one he originally fell in love with. It makes sense he didn't know how to approach me after our horrible break-up, so he decided to sweep me of my feet at the party." Was she really defending him. She is making this dirtbag seem like prince charming.

"Its wierd but I think I'm in love with him." She says looking down at the ground. Then all of a sudden she started crying. "I hated him so much when he dumped at that party and then all of a sudden hes the kid I have been obsessing over. I don't want to love him, but i already fell for him at the masquerade."

I mean c'mon plot twist. This girl thinks she has found the love of her life and shes crying because its him.

I sit next to her and she leans on my shoulder.

"Please don't be mad. We're suppose to be friends. I need you." She sniffled

"Don't cry, we are friends. Just like you, I'm not going anywhere." Man did I want to tell her. But I didn't know how. She seemed so happy at first and we were just starting to get the whole friendship thing down (what i mean by that is not leaning in and trying to kiss each other every two seconds.)

Honestly, I just want her to be happy. I love her.

Even though its going to kill me seeing her with that tool at least now he isn't wondering who her mystery man is.

She will never no the truth.

It would break her heart. It would just make how can't be together even worse.

We stopped talking and just looked at the sky.

No way am I ever going to leave her. She needs me as much as I need her.

Shes my soulmate and I'm hers. she just doesn't know it yet.