03

Malachi Pov

Markus- OMW be there soon
As soon as I seen that text I got out of bed. I usually wake up around 12-1 on no school days, besides Sundays, and stay in bed for like an hour. I rushed to the bathroom to brush my teeth and take a shower. Once I got out I heard knocking on my door.

"One minute" I yelled

I grabbed one of my calvin klein boxer briefs and slipped them on before putting some clothes on. Once I was fully clothed, I opened my bedroom door to a tired Markus.

"Come in. You look awful" I said not holding back

"Yeah, I didn't get much sleep last night. Had to take care of some business, then I woke up early to go to tryouts." He said as he jumped onto my bed.

"Your bed is so fucking soft." He said making me chuckle.

"You want to take a nap before we start?" I suggested

"nah it's cool, lets just get this shit over with." He responded still laying down.

"I grabbed my Macbook of my desk and brought it to the bed.

"Where were we?"

•¥•

"You wanna stay over and play some 2k since we finished early. I got the 2k17 prelude." I said pointing to my ps4.

"Oh shit, really! I thought you weren't into basketball." He questioned taking a seat in front of the tv.

"I'm not in real life, but I'll bust ya ass in 2k" I said to him.

"Bruh you funny, say no more. Bout to show you why they call me the King." He said making himself comfortable.

It's been a total of three hours and we played about 7 games. He won six of them and I only won one.

"Well played, you won only cuz I let you" I said trying to keep my ego intact.

"Yeah right nigga, you know you trash. I only let you win that first time so you could think I was fresh meat. Ain't no beating the King." He said getting up and putting his Taxi 12's on.

"Whatever" I said being salty

"I had fun yesterday and today with you. We should hang out some more." He said as I led him to the front door.

"Sure" I said before letting him out.

I could tell that he really did change over the years. He seems more mature and funnier yet more serious. He was cool now, unlike before.

"Hey wanna go to the mall in a few? I haven't went shopping in a minute." Mia said walking down the stairs.

"Bet, I ain't got nothin better to do." I said walking up the stairs.

I walked up the stairs and changed into my black and red nike wind breaker, some white distressed jeans, and my bred 1's. Even though my dad was a pastor he didn't really care what we wore, as long as it had no sagging or showing off too much skin. He was cool when it came to certain things, but music and social media was something he wasn't cool with.

He still didn't know that we all had Facebook, Insta, or the Snapchat. He didn't have any of them so he had no way of knowing. He used to check out phones but my mom made him stop when we got to high school.