15

Malachi's Pov

I kept pushing the elevator button as if it would make the elevator go up any faster. My grasp on the roses I held were getting tighter and tighter that the thorns were pricking into my flesh. I was very nervous, even though I was here everyday after school. I would never get used to it.

The elevator door finally opened and I rushed out almost knocking a nurse down. I walked down the hall watching everyone go bout they business.

I walked into room 407 like usual everyday. When I walked in though the room was empty. What the fuck, I thought to myself until hearing a flush. The bathroom door opened and the crippled walked out.

"Hey, what you doing here?" He asked as he walked to the bed with his crutches. 

"I come here everyday what do you mean?" I asked setting the flowers on the nightstand next to his bed.

"yeah, and everyday I tell you to spend some time with friends or something, you don't have to stay here all night with me." He said with a sad face.

"I could...but I rather spend some time with my baby" I said giving him a quick peck on the lips.

"well I'm kind of tired so imma take a nap" He said closing his eyes.

"go ahead, I'm gon do homework anyways" I said as I admired him close his eyes to sleep.

It's been about two weeks since Markus got shot twice, once in the back and once in the knee

It's been about two weeks since Markus got shot twice, once in the back and once in the knee. The gunshot to his back was so close to his spinal cord that the doctors said it was miracle he was still alive.

His team and his niggas have been by his side the whole time through. His coach even started a campaign to raise money for his recovery, which I was more than down with paying for. The only person who hasn't visited was Chloe, which is type fake but I don't really give a fuck. 

He got shot on the way home from my house that night

He got shot on the way home from my house that night. It took me a while but I eventually got the whole story from Rodney.

So apparently that nigga Dre that I met at the mall a while ago was behind it. Markus had this drug deal or something with him but couldn't afford to pay the money.