24

"Make sure ya'll come to lunch today"'Markus said winking before going to his next class

All day he's been acting weird and telling Mia and I to be at lunch, as if we would be somewhere else. It kinda made me nervous but at the same time anxious to see what would happen.

I walked into my english class and took my normal seat, right next to Max.

"can I borrow a pencil?" He asked looking lost. I could tell he was high as a kite, typical.

"yeah here" I said taking one out of my bag and handing it to him

Max and I still talk but not like that. We basically fell off to the point where our relationship is a "hi and bye" kind of thing. I mean I have nothing against him and hopefully he has nothing against me, but we are like exes and its kinda weird, even though it was only a sexual relationship.

"okay class, since the year is almost over and there isn't much to teach. I will give you a small assignment which will be due the next time I see you. You have to write a essay about what you think your life will be like in four years, college, family, career, what ever you see yourself doing. In four years these letters will be mailed to you. It has to start with dear future then your name. Minimum is three pages and double spaced, 11 point font and Times new roman. You have the rest of the class to do it so you should most likely be done with it unless you use this time for unnecessary things." She said then went to her desk.

Since we forty minutes till lunch I worked on my essay. I wasn't really sure what I was gonna do in four years but I knew the basics.

Dear future Malachi,

I know right now you just graduated from Duke, probably trying to pursue your masters. You will be in a serious relationship with Markus, hopefully. You'll be very wealthy, with your own money. Hopefully somewhere big with your music career...

As I wrote the words started to flow. I mainly wrote bullshit, but there was a lot that I actually meant. When time was over I was done with five pages, that should make at least three when I type it.

I picked up my stuff and quickly went to my locker before going to lunch. I didn't feel like carrying my bag around when I wouldn't need it. When I got to the caf Mia and Rodney were seated, Markus and the gang no where to be found.

"where they at?" I asked Mia as I took a seat

"I don't know, but I feel like it has to do with why they want us here" She said confused

I didn't understand why they rushed us to come to lunch on time, if they weren't even here

"you know where they at?" I asked Rodney

He just stared at me for a minute before busting out laughing. Of course he knew something we didn't.

"what the fuck is going on?" I asked

"nothing...oh my God...ya'll...mad stupid" He said in between his laugh

¿Okay then?

I pulled out my phone and started to scroll through the gram, as I usually do during lunch. There was nothing really good to do during the forty-five minutes we were here. All of a sudden everyone got quiet which was strange.

I looked up and seen both Mia and Rodney staring behind me. I turned around and seen the whole basketball team in their uniforms carrying blank poster boards. Only difference was Markus and Jakob weren't holding any, which was strange. They all came towards our table and made a circle around us, making everyone in the cafeteria do the same.