27

Malachi's Pov...

"Yeah shits dope thanks" I said looking in the mirror. I handed my barber a twenty before walking out the store.

Tonight was prom so I had to get all this little shit out the way. Markus wanted to be a lil bitch and said we shouldn't see each other till prom. Speaking of Markus, him and Jakob haven't spoken since.

Jakob has apologized a couple of times but he just doesn't want to hear it. I think he just needs a break for now, that nigga will always be his brother. He won't lose this friendship over one mistake.

I got in my car and drove two blocks down to the beauty supply store. Mia sent me there to get a couple of things for her. When I walked in one of the girls asked me if I needed help. I didn't think it would be so hard, so I simply said no. I made my way around looking for the three items she put on the list but didn't find one of them.

"you sure you don't need help?" The girl said behind me scaring the shit out of me

"well now that you ask, sure" I said handing her my phone which had the list in the notes section. In literally fifteen seconds she found all the items and led me to the register. 

"your girlfriend has really good taste in beauty supplies" She said as she rung up the items

"I don't have a girlfriend" I said

She scanned all the items and gave me a total of $43.67. What the fuck was this shit made out of, gold?
I handed her my debit card and she swiped it.

She printed out the receipt and wrote something on top before handing it to me with my card.

"I wrote my number on top, incase you wanna you know" She said blushing before handing me the bag with stuff

"look, you're cute and all but I got a nigga" I said in the nicest way possible

"oh" she said with a shocked expression "so I guess it is true, the cute one's are always gay"

I took the bag and left the store without commenting. That was weird.

I got back in my car throwing the bag of stuff to the passengers seat. I looked at the time to see that it was 5:07pm. Prom was starting at 8 but the limo was picking us up at 9.

I turned on the radio and bumped my music as I drove from the south up to the north. For some reason today there was a lot of traffic. I made it home almost an hour later which was longer than it should've taken me.

I walked into the living room to see my mother and Mia's mom standing over Mia doing her hair. They started before I left, I can't believe they weren't done.

"Here's the shit you made me buy" I said handing her the bag

"watch your mouth Malachi" My mom said shooting me a death glare "I made Rodney pick up your clothes, it's on your bed"

"Thanks ma" I said kissing her cheek before going upstairs

When I got to my room I kicked off my shoes and jumped onto my bed making sure I didn't land on my clothes. If they got wrinkled my mom would kill me. She was always into us dressing up and shit so she could take pictures. Then she would squeeze our cheek and say we were growing up so fast.

I was bored and had nothing to do for the remaining time. It wouldn't take me long to shower and wear my suit. I FaceTimed Markus who picked up after the fifth ring.

"hey babe what you up to?" He asked as he was walking

"nothing, just got home from a haircut. what you doing?" I asked