14

Malachi's Pov

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked looking right up at him.

"I-I'm s-sorry" He stuttered.

"did you think I wouldn't understand? That I would be mad?"

"you aint mad?" He asked

"of course I'm mad!" I said raising my
voice causing people at the airport to stare at me.

"to have my best friend call and tell me and not you. Three fucking months later. All those months of me beating myself about losing a person that finally made it make sense. I don't deserve that, I don't need it." I spoke

I could feel the tears forming in my eyes but there was no way I would let them fall. No way I would give in and show weakness.

"Have a nice life with your baby" I said handing him a congratulations card.

"wait, stop" He said pulling my arm back. "I want you, I want us. You remember, you with me."

"we cool and all, but I'm not bout to be a homewrecker. I gotta go my ride is waiting." I said pointing to Mia and Max in my car.

"so that's it, you just gonna give up on us?" Markus asked

"I hope it's a boy" I said then walked out of the airport with my suitcase.

Max sat in the back so I could sit in the passengers seat.

"you aii?" Mia asked before driving off.

"It's good to be home" I said ignoring her question.

The ride wasn't as long as when we were going to the airport. As we drove I practiced some of my rhymes. After hearing about the baby and all, it made me start to make music again. I guess I just needed some motivation and a heart break was all it took.

I don't even consider it as a heart break though. More like a way to move on. I can turn a new page and move to greater things. Like my music, which I'm determined to focus on more now, whether my father liked it or not. It's a new year and there's a new me.

When we got home there was no one there, not that I was expecting anyone. My parents were still in Brazil for another week, and Shay was probably at her niggas place, since Mia aint see her for weeks.

"boy next time get your rich boyfriend's dad to take me too" Mia said helping me with my duffel bag.

"he's not my boyfriend" I chuckled as I opened my bedroom.

"speaking of boyfriend, whats good with you and Markus" She said dropping my bag and sitting on my bed

"what you mean, there is no me and Markus" I said kicking off my shoes

"oh really, nigga made a mistake and now you can't give him a chance?" She asked with a "really" tone.

"look I understand he only broke things off so he could be with his family, and I respect that. I respect it too much to take him away from them. I don't want to be the reason why he barely see his son or daughter. I don't want to be the reason he's gonna have to get a job to pay for child support." I explained taking a seat next to her

She didn't respond but wrapped her arms around me instead.

"I wish you were petty, so you could claim your mans. But nah, you gotta be the straightest gay nigga I ever met" She said slapping me on the chest.

"sorry, just cuz I like a guy doesn't mean I'm gonna act or dress like a girl. Want a girl friend find a bitch, but I ain't one" I said kind of harshly