Part 4

Rebel Fleet, aboard the Liberator, 1412, 3278 LY

     ''Captain Syndulla,'' Commander Sato began, ''We have a mission for you.'' They stood in the command center of the Liberator where Commander June Sato was addressing the crew minus Ezra, who was still asleep in the medbay with Kanan watching over him. It had only been an hour, so it made sense that he was still unconscious from loss of blood. Of course, the commander didn't know anything about what had happened. ''Where are the rest of your members?''

     Hera informed, ''An internal matter kept Kanan and Ezra from being able to make it. Proceed, Commander.'' Sato raised an eyebrow, which probably meant he wanted her to elaborate, but it really was an internal matter no one needed to know about. ''Dispute, really. It's taken care of for the most part.''

     Sato nodded. ''Very well, Captain. The mission is a supply run for Phoenix Squadron. The Empire has it coming from Capital City, Lothal. I want you to steal it and bring it to the fleet.'' Of course, Hera totally wanted to go back to Lothal where the Imperials had a tight control and they were well-known. It was hard enough escaping it, but going back? She sighed in knowledge of the fact that it had to be done. 

     Hera nodded, saying, ''We'll do it.'' Sabine and Zeb exchanged baffled glances, then looked at her as if she was crazy. She knew why; it was crazy to go without Ezra and Kanan, both the only Jedi of the entire fleet now that Ahsoka's gone. What upset her was the fact that Kanan and Ezra were always on their own, that they had to fend for themselves. ''Is that why we've been in hyperspace for two days?''

     ''Yes,'' Sato informed. ''If you weren't able to do it, I would have had Phoenix Squadron take care of it. We will help you get on-world, but the mission is yours. I believe the Ghost will enter planetary orbit, then other ships one by one will enter as well. Get fake transponder codes, and the Imperials won't know it's the rebels until it's too late.'' At the end, he smirked confidently, and Hera realized that he knew what he was doing.

     ''Without Ezra?'' Sabine asked incredulously. ''Or Kanan?'' 

     Hera frowned, but nodded. Without Kanan and Ezra.