Part 12

Rebel Base, Atollon, 0533, 3278 LY

     Kanan stood in the field, arms folded. Ezra still wasn't getting it, and it didn't help that the older male couldn't see what he was doing or at least attempting to do. The lightsabers blazed in their hands, not moving as Ezra whined, ''Kanan, this isn't working. Just let me use your-''

     ''No,'' Kanan replied sharply. He sighed, guilty for using that tone with Ezra. His Padawan wanted to let the Jedi holocron teach him, but it couldn't teach him how to use the Force. He wanted to hang on to the bond as tightly as he could. If training slipped, Ezra might as well. Then the bond would become weaker, and dissipate, which didn't hurt at all until the Jedi realized it was gone. 

     Ezra bowed his head in somewhat defeat, but reasoned, ''Kanan, this isn't working. Fight training isn't working.'' The Knight knew it wasn't, but didn't want to stop training the boy completely. It's been a week since the two had talked in the area of mind between unconsciousness and death, and Kanan was back to full health, stubborn as ever. ''If you want to keep training me, we could work on the Force.''

     That hadn't worked as well as Kanan and Ezra both thought it would. Kanan had accidentally flung a crate at Ezra, and Ezra had been playing around and accidentally bonked his Master in the head with a rock concealed in dirt. With a lump on his head, Kanan had tried again, but ultimately failed at anticipating a flying crate, which had cut open his leg pretty good. Ezra had his share of cuts, brought to him in part by Kanan's idea of summoning a Loth-cat. 

     ''Sorry, Kanan,'' Ezra apologized as Kanan lied in the medbay with his leg bandaged up. ''I didn't mean to.'' The apology was sincere, and the Knight realized that his Padawan was beating himself up for what happened. 

     Kanan breathed, ''I know you didn't, Ezra.'' He wanted his Padawan to not feel as guilty, he wasn't badly hurt. ''I should have known that I couldn't train you. I wanted to, just to be sure that the bond would stay, but I have to come to terms with my blindness. I can't train you.'' 

     Ezra's aura spiked with emotion. ''You can, Kanan,'' he assured. ''Somehow we'll find a way.'' Kanan shook his head in emphasis. ''How about meditation?'' That was a good idea, something he would have come up with back at the Temple. He smiled in happiness, knowing he had something to hold them together.