Part 7

Outside Capital City, Lothal, 1246, 3278 LY

     Flashes of white-hot green-colored blasts streaked in the air from the blasters of white-armored troops. The target, a tall man dressed in mainly green with a green eyeplate over where his eyes should be, did not succumb to the blasts, instead wielding a blazing blue blade that ricocheted back at the troops. By the time the man's comlink beeped, there were no troops, but some heading in his direction. Turning it on, the man who referred to himself as Kanan Jarrus inquired, ''Did you get the fuel, Ezra?''

     A voice, Ezra's, crackled over the comlink, saying, ''Yup. Chop's heading towards you.'' Kanan sighed. He was able to get down, but how in the blazes would he get up? ''Gotta get into space quickly though. TIEs inbound, and we can't fight them without the Ghost.'' Hera had told them that the Ghost was standing by to offer support until they attached. The comlink beeped off as Ezra yelled, ''I'm right over you! Just jump!''

     ''This is insane,'' he muttered, but bunched his legs and propelled himself upwards, probably not reaching it. Midair, he felt himself being pulled a little to the left, and came down on his hands and knees in the Phantom. Ezra had used the Force to grab him and pull him into the ship. The kid was smart, and Kanan would admit it. 

     He felt Ezra sit back in the pilot's seat, steering the Phantom towards space as the whine of TIE fighters got closer. Leaving the atmosphere, the comm crackled to life as Ezra requested for backup, streaks of blasterbolts barely missing the vessel. Suddenly, the Ghost appeared in all its glory, exchanging blasterfire with the TIEs from two different points. 

     Kanan guessed that Zeb and Sabine were providing cover fire while Hera flew the ship over towards Ezra. Ezra maneuvered the Phantom to where it could attach to the Ghost. ''Hurry!'' Hera called over the comlink. Once they were attached which felt like it took forever, the Ghost cleared a path and made the jump to hyperspace.

     What Kanan didn't know, and what Ezra wasn't going to tell him, was that Ezra didn't feel good. After all, it was only a mild headache.