Part 27

Rebel Base, Atollon, 2128, 3279 LY

     It had been two days since they had broke Kanan out of the Twilight and three days since they got Ezra away from the Third Sister. The rebels had taken turns watching them, but both had not woken up. Yet. Hera sat in a chair in front of Kanan, occasionally looking at Ezra. She was more worried about Kanan than she was the Knight's Padawan.

     When Sabine had told Hera that Kanan was basically dead when they'd found him, she knew that he was the one who needed watched more than Ezra. All of a sudden, Kanan shot up, yelling, ''EZRA!'' 

     Hera put her hand on Kanan's chest, steadying him. ''Love, it's okay, Ezra's here. Your fine.''

     Kanan looked confused, then horrified. ''Did they capture you, too? Am I dead?''

     ''No, Kanan,'' Hera answered, smiling sadly. ''We got to you just in time.'' The Knight held his head in his head, then looked to his left where Ezra lied. Even though he looked exhausted, he suddenly got up before Hera could stop him. Then things got complicated.

     My Padawan. Kanan had seen Ezra, and knew that the boy needed help. He wouldn't wake up without his Master's help. Hera couldn't stop him; no one could. Planting his feet firmly, balancing himself, he immersed himself into the Force. Just this time. For Ezra

     He placed his hands about a foot above Ezra, then channeled the Force out of his palms and into the boy. His eyes lolled into the back of his head as images of Katarina, a red lightsaber, and metal filled his visions and screams filled his ears. 

     Kanan opened his eyes and saw Ezra, who was floating about half a foot off the bed. He also saw a blue light that grew brighter and brighter, the light of the Force that he was pouring into his student, the light enveloping the boy all around, the reason he was floating. The light got blindingly bright, and Kanan looked away. A burst occurred, blasting him backwards, and he rolled until his head smacked against something hard, and his senses were gone.

     The Twi'lek female watched the blue light grow brighter and brighter until it was too bright and she had to look away. A blast knocked her onto the floor where she lied for a few seconds, dazed.

     Sitting up, holding her head, Hera looked in that direction. Ezra lied on the bed, but Kanan had been thrown back, and lied on his side beside the bed, arm flung out, unconscious. Sabine was over near Kanan, and Hera joined the Mandalorian. Zeb picked up the older Knight, setting him on the bed. 

     Suddenly, Ezra shot up, yelling, ''KANAN!'' Hera held him as he calmed down, then looked at her stupidly. ''Did you get captured, too?''

     ''No,'' Hera affirmed, smiling. ''You're back on Atollon.''

     Ezra caught a glance of Kanan, and his expression fell. His eyes became filled with passionate grief as he whispered, ''What happened? What happened to Kanan?'' His voice rose, and Hera felt bad for him. He had no idea what was going on. ''Is he okay? Tell me he's okay, Hera! Please!''

     Hera replied with what had happened while Ezra was out. The boy listened attentively, and at the end, he put his head in his hands, sobbing, ''It's all my fault! Kanan shouldn't have to pay! It's all my fault! I should pay for this!''

     ''No, Ezra,'' Hera murmured, pulling Ezra into an embrace. ''It's not your fault. These things happen. We can't help it.''

     ''Yes we can!'' Ezra sobbed. ''I should have just stuck it through. I should have just stuck the pain through until she was done, then got myself to escape. I should have never let myself pass out. I should have been-'' The rest was drowned out by his crying.