Part 33

Rebel base, Atollon, 1549, 3279 LY

     The blind Jedi realized that he probably shouldn't have told Hera to do whatever made her feel better. That meant hooking him up to about a dozen machines to monitor him as he went into the twilight zone. (Jedi-knight98 ,see what I did there?) He lied back, took a deep breath, then let it out. When he let it out, he immediately fell unconscious. 

     ''Ezra!'' he called out into the darkness, walking forward. ''Ezra, are you here?'' No answer. Nothing.

     Sabine watched as Kanan's vitals, heartbeat, and breathing plummeted. She stood up, alarmed, but Hera blocked her. ''It's not dangerously low yet. I expected this to happen, Sabine. If we interfere, we risk losing both Kanan and Ezra.''

     Annoyed, Sabine sat back down. She wanted to help, but she didn't want them to be lost. She didn't want that for anyone, even as a Mandalorian. She was at a loss to do anything except watch.

     Ezra didn't know where he was. He was sleeping, but he was with Ahsoka. The Togruta was bathed in a pure white light, and he found himself filled with awe. To reach out would be to taint the light that shined from within her to him. She whispered, ''Leave, Ezra.''

     ''I'm sorry,'' Ezra replied, falling to his knees in front of Ahsoka. ''It's my fault you're gone.'' He would do anything to go back, to have Kanan and Ahsoka breathing down his neck to do Jedi training. He missed it, wished he had never complained. 

     Ahsoka bent down, cupping his face in her glowing orange hand. ''Ezra Bridger, a friend waits for you, calls to you. Go to him.''

     A voice called, ''Ezra! Ezra, where are you?'' It was Kanan! Kanan had come for him, he came back! He wasn't aware that Ahsoka was still there, hiding, as he scrambled to his feet. Kanan jogged over to him, and Ezra grasped him in a hug.

     Kanan's shining teal eyes widened in shock, but he hugged back. ''Kanan, you came back for me! I missed you!''

     ''I won't let you go, Ezra,'' Kanan promised. ''I won't let you go.''