Chapter eight

She did not want to go .

The words spun round and round in Tasha's head , no matter how fervently she felt , it didn't change a thing . Not when you are up against arrogant bastard -- Liam D'Angeli.

" NO, i don't want to go with you anywhere " , she told him flatly.

" You will join me , as my loyal secretary . But we both know that you will be fulfilling another role quiite faithfully and perfectly - that is as my mistress." .

" No I - ".

" My mother would not tolerate me bringing a lover into the house - but nobody has to know that you are playing both the roles perfectly and effectively . Cara mia , you can provide me sweet distraction from the wedding ".

" But why me ?? , you can be with anyone as your company to the wedding ". she questioned " but why me ?" .

He studied her she looked distressed , " Because you have unlocked a certain , inexplicable hunger in me cara mia - i don't see why i shouldn't feed that hunger until we both are satisfied  , as you have already decided to leave my employment so lets be sure that when you leave we both won't have regrets over anything " . 

He made it sound so cold . He pulled her towards him brushing his lips over hers and she kissed him back with the same intensity. " You want me far too moch to dare object me ", he said with a smile - a rare one .

" But if i go with you i won't have enough time to check new jobs and go for interviews " , she objected.

" What if i pay you 6 months full salary - and you can tell everyone that it is your bonus for all your hard work ?".

For a moment Tasha hesitated - something making her feel uneasy about the deal . Was the agreement wrong ? . Yesterday when she agreed with him he had kissed her , taunting her - telling her that her body could not deny her how much she wanted him.

Picking up her suitcase Tasha stared in the mirror at her pale face  - so it was very true she wants him - but her desire wasn't straight forward like his . Her feeling were now intense and complicated.

She needed to work on herself - to try and cure the way he felt because she would never have a happy ending .

She was going to spend a whole week with her boss whom she knew only in the office with suits and deals and mergers and media attention . She would get to see him for what he really is .

Her doorbell rang she knew it would be Marco as Liam had been in Tuscany since yesterday - atleast she would be spared travelling with him she thought.

" How long does the journey take Marco ?", she asked him as they were speeding towards the airport.

" Should be over  an hour , signorina " , he replied in his Italian tone as she got in his private jet . Her stomach was too tied up in knots - though she drank a glass or two of champagne which atleast gave her courage to face liam again.........

But her nerve failed when she walked through arrivals and saw him standing , waiting for her . He was wearing jeans - dark blue which clung to his hips and a a white shirt with a black leather jacket - his black hair were ruffled and the olive skin tone glowed with happiness. 

'' Hello Tasha ", he said and gave her a lazy smile.

Tasha's heart leapt - did he just smile , she told herself to think of nothing special about what happened yesterday in his office when her legs were wrapped round him on the floor and that was the sole reason she is here today .

" Hello Liam ", she said in a polite tone.

" So you brought a little of english frost with you ?", he said ith a mocking smile .

" What were you expecting then ? that i would be jumping with joy for being here?" .

" Don't be melodramatic , piccola - you could have stayed back home ".

" And turn down 6 months salary as pay off and early exit from your life ? ", she challenged him in a sassy tone.

" And here I was thinking you couldn't resist my body ".

" Shh , somebody might hear you ". she said glaring at him.

He shrugged as he took her bag ," We are speaking english here and we are in Italy now - where here men and women tend to be less uptight about such matters ". 

Suit yourself " One minute you advocate that young women should marry oldr men and the next minute you are telling me that in IItaly lovers are very liberal" .

" Ah thats the difference between lovers and marriage partners " , he murmured .

" What did your sister say when she knew i was coming ?" 

" She is delighted and distracted as the bride to be , shall we go now ?".

Liam got his car and settled her bag and she sat  in passenger seat . Just him and her . Alone togother in a confined space , her pulse was scattered determinedly she stared out of the window looking at the green countryside.

" It's amazing ". she said softly .

" My driving you mean ?"

" No , the country side i meant ", she laughed.

She felt the car swing off the main road and then way to a lonely deserted track and the car came to halt ," This isn't where you live or the path to your home ?" she said as she heard the engine die.

" No" , he said.

The confusion was clear in her tone ," then what are we doing in the middle of nowhere ?"

" This " , he pulled her into his arms and stared down at her with a fierce blaze in his eyes " This is what i wanted to do since i saw you at the airport - to kiss you ".