Chapter eighteen - part 2

She could never make him understand unless she told him which was painful enough ,"That dress made me into someone I'm not. I'm not from your world, nothing about it is simple and we shouldn't have jumped in bed - from colleagues to lovers. It was a big mistake Liam",she said sadly.

"You don't mean it Tasha",Liam was angry now. Why would she say it now and make things more difficult for him .

"Oh, I mean it really..I do",Tasha thought it was hardest thing to say even if it was breaking her heart but then it was all a mistake and she was a part of it and now she was paying for it . She realised that she forgot to ask the most basic questions of all,"Anyways, why are you here ?? and how did you find me??".

"I asked your mother and she told me you'd be here and I came here because - I want you back".

Pain sliced through her and tears began to hover,"But I can't come back , no matter what you say. I can't work for you anymore , can't you see it Liam what we had is over".

Impatiently, he shook his head,"I don't want you to work for me anymore".

Tasha frowned in confusion,"You don't???".

"No. I have already given your job to Alicia",he replied in a angry tone.

"To Alicia????".

"Si. She is good just like you told me. She is promising but not as good as you ofcourse and she never answers me back the way you do". But then no woman ever had. No woman communicated with him in a fundamental way as Tasha did. Liam thought about when she started working for him she would come running once he snapped his fingers - but now she had changed, she had put barriers to protect herself- which he must now tear down with his bare hands and yet not harm her pride and dignity.

"I want you to come back to me...... with me Cara mia - as my partner, not as my secretary. Mia donna. Because sometimes you have to have something taken away from you to realise just how much it means to you. Only I took little longer to realise why every day seems lifeless and grey and mostly to realise and understand that what was missing in my life."

Love - something he thought and schooled himself not to believe in. He thought his ideas for marriage were stronger than love but when his mother told him to marry for love and accepted Floriana's decision he was stunned, something changed his opinion but not completely. When he came from America and found Tasha gone a pain of incomparable to any other had ripped through him.

Holding her hand he brought it to his lips while his eyes blazed with the intensity she had never seen.

"I say to you now words I have never spoken to another woman ever in my life piccola,"he said softly."I love you Tasha with all my heart and soul".

Tasha was staring with fear and disbelief she shook her head not daring to believe him. "No you don't love. You don't even believe in love remember??? There is no such thing as love , it's mere CHEMISTRY and it's LUST".

He flinched as she quoted his words back to him," I as a fool Tasha, an arrogant fool. But sometimes you have to experience it in order to believe it. And I love you Tasha", he said in a soft yet pleading tone.

Tasha could not prevent the sudden pounding of heart. Yes Liam is a arrogant fool but he was arrogant was a trait that she liked about him. Back then if he'd ever say these words to her she would jump into his arms and trust him but not now.He had hurt her enough and not anymore. She was going to put up a fight if she had to and not let him hurt her again .....Ever she thought.

"Do you want me to tell you why I LOVE YOU?? Would you like to to???",he continued. "Where shall I began??? Because you're beautiful - inside and out. Kind and sweet, strong and sexy. Because you are not afraid to tell me what you think. You are an amazing person , amazing friend who had become such an exquisite lover and overall you're amazing woman Tasha".

He stared down at her realising almost for the first time that she was standing infront of him wearing nothing but a emerald bikini .He was so busy letting her know how he felt that he did not notice how sexy and beautiful she looked and how lucky he is to have her - only if she allows him to.

"Do you believe me when I tell you this Taha , that you have become the most important part of my life as the beat of my heart itself?".

The poetic words thrilled her and terrified her. She lifted her moist eyes to look at him - to believe what lay within her grasp was the love of her life and the happiness of her and Liam. 

"Say it again", she whispered.

"I Love You".

"Again".

"I Love You".

"Again".

"I Love You".

"I Love You".

"I Love You Tasha ", he smiled.

And as her bitter barriers came tumbling down she put her arms around his neck , her face close to his," I Love You too Liam, a lot",she whispered," So very much".

Now he laughed and anyone who knew Liam D'angeli solely in boardroom would have been taken back by his carefree attitude and his laugh. Tenderly, he pushed strands of hair from her damp cheek. "Then why are you crying - cara mia??".

She was happy looking at him and her heart flipped upside down with happiness,"Because I'm so happy!!!1".

And there on sun drenched Australian beach oblivious to the  crowd around them - Liam pulled Tasha into his arms and kissed away her tears , reflecting that feminine logic is indeed very strange but then again women are compllicated, mystic yet amazing in their own ways.Nothing about them is ordinary yet seems we men think it's same.They are the most beautiful, amazing creation on this planet and he was glad he had the most amazing creation that was meant to be with him is in his arms right now and will always be. The love of his life.

He kissed her each tear away and sealed his fate with her by kissing her lips,"Now and Forever Tasha - you are mine. We belong togother, we balance each other and I Love You with all my heart".

"I Love You too Liam",Tasha replied happily kissing him back.

FINALLY THE STORY IS COMPLETED...

EPILOGUE WILL BE PUBLISHED IN A DAY OR TWO........