Chapter fourteen

It was a miserable flight back home to London. Tasha told herself that she didn't care about Liam and she wouldn't let him get to her and treat her like some whore . But now she was only worried about Floriana and wondering whether she'd done the wrong thing by giving her advice ? whether she should have told Liam about it ?

Tasha was shivering as cold air hit her the moment she landed back in London. She had recieved a email from Liam couple of days later  telling her that he was back from Italy and would see her tomorrow morning .

Tasha bit her lip thinking when she would apply for other jobs and interviews , if she is lucky she would get a good job she thought. She wanted to get away from Liam .

She even thought of going for couple of interviews in the following week. Next day Tasha was trying her best to avoid Liam but fate was conspiring against her because as he entered the office building he saw her talking to lady at reception counter , their eyes met - staring at each other like strangers.

" Hello Tasha", his tone was icy cold .

The last time he saw her he'd been yelling at her  and now in a public place he sounded so civil so she too just gave him a cold stare and matched his tone ," Good morning ".

Liam let his eyes drift over her , she looked thin and pale as if she had lost weight - was that even possible in couple of days????. His mouth hardened so she'd lost weight - why should even I care ??? he thought . Hadn't her stubborness created enough problems back home and between them ?????.

He watched her as she passed ahead of him as the lift doors opened. He was aware of her sweet scent , he was unable to keep his eyes off her body . He had told himself numerous times that everything was over between them and their secret affair was over.  So what was wrong ?? . Why did he find that all he wanted to do was hold her in his arms and kiss her to comfort her and make sure she was fine - such feeling of being protective and possessive , caring were new to him and he found them strange and was uncertain of having them , he was oddly unnerved by this sensation.

" How's Floriana ??", Tasha questioned him as she was coughing .

"I should be angry with you for letting precious time elapse after she left castle ", he said slowly.

" Should be ?????", she questioned.

He gave a ragged sigh ," I thought about what you said - about Floriana making her own mistakes and choice's . I and Romano had taken our roles as her father figure just too li'l far ".

" You found her ?", she demanded.

" Yes . She is in England , she is getting married after all". his mouth curved in a smile .

" Married ? but how ?? she told me she dosen't love Aldo and then  I believed her???", she said that in a confusing tone.

" It isn't Aldo ".

" What ????".

" She is marrying the englishman - Max the one with whom she was involved long back . Max back then ended their relationship because they both were very young and he was unsure if it would work between them in a good way. But when Flo told him that we were sort of forcing her to marry it was enough to bring him down on one knee and propose my sister and Flo too wanted to be with him .", he told her.

" And how has your family taken it specially your brother?", she questioned in a bitter tone .

Liam said that it was mixed but then he was happy that his sister was ecstatic . Romano was shocked but his mother was contented and she advised both her sons that they too shouldn't marry until they are madly in love because in the end love is keeps the relation strong and happy. Such a revelation coming from his mother stratled him as he thought that his parents worked a marriage of convience as his dad was almost two decades older than his mother. It seemed as if his illusion of relationship was all wrong .