Chapter sixteen

She felt good as she was alone and Tasha got the space she wanted to be alone and take rest and figure things out. When she felt better she went out for walks and explored the west end stores . Liam called her up every afternoon at lunchtime as asked her if she is fine ?? is she taking rest?? .

Once Liam wanted to say something but then he seemed to change his mind. "And how is your sister- still getting divorced?", he asked out of the blue. Wryly it occured to Tasha that they both had share of troublesome sisters ."I think so . I haven't heard from her much lately beside a frantic text and she dosen't even bother to check her emails."

"Call her from my landline",he told her.

"No it's fine......."

"Just call her Tasha",he insisted.

She ended the call feeling oddly warm and happy.She never thought of Liam being thoughtful before and when the landline started ringing again she thought it was him again . 

"Hello?",she questioned softly.

"Hi", it was a woman's voice soft yet demanding "Is it the maid ???".

"No this is Liam D'Angeli's secretary",

"Oh hi - I am Paula one of Liam's friends". Tasha thought bitterly I know who are you and now why on earth are you even calling him now after a bad break up and media drama they had for weeks......

" How may I help you , Paula??????", asked Tasha trying to ignore the flutter of her heart.

" It's just that he has a red dress of mine - one that I've never worn before. It's a beautiful dress and Liam had made the designer to make  it specially for me . Well now it seems kinds of waste not to wear it".

Suddenly it all made sense to her. Ofcourse Liam didn't get it for her but he just gave or mostly dumped a dress which was made for his ex girlfriend. Tasha thought that what should she do drop the phone or slam it down but again it would be a careless gesture on her part -- she was just a secretary .....

"Ofcourse Paula", she said smoothly "Don't worry - I'll look into it and make sure it's sorted out".

"Thanks",was all Paula said .

After she put the phone down Tasha stared ai it for a minute and lifted her eyes to look at the sky remembering the day she'd been given the dress as a gift by Liam for the party and she thought he had put any effort to get her something personally.

A gift that made her feel like a special woman for the first time.....

A gift that transformed her enough to sleep with a boss......

A gift that made her his dirty li' secret....................

A gift that just changed everything about her  - just a dress that made him enough to claim her his with such passion that night and every other . She always thought it was that dress it made it so special for her but in reality it didn't even belong to her in the first place.

By now she was crying and she looked around realising that she was at Liam's place and she didn't belong her anymore or may be ever. She thought that she was stupid enough to even be here and she needed to go out and do what needed to done..........